Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by JBsuperG on 01 Dec 2020
  • My Davey Crockett is several years old and the grease no longer runs down the tube to the bucket.  I've tried to clean it out with no success.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
  • #2 by Bentley on 01 Dec 2020
  • Do yo think it is obstructed with hardened grease?  Try a MAPP torch on it for a couple of minutes or maybe a long drill!
  • #3 by TravlinMan on 01 Dec 2020
  • Hello, Glad to see you are still with us.

I had to clean mine out a while back. It is a smaller drain tube dropping into the larger bottom drain. 
    I used a combination of techniques, first I tried to burn it clean, it caked it up, but dried it out a bit.
    Then I used a drill bit and twisted it in, pulling out what baked carbon in the tube I could.
    Then I was able to work a wire from the top and bottom until it started opening up.
    I kept at it, using the wire and some wire ‘pipe’ cleaners and some compressed air until it was clear.

A little messy, but got the job done..

Hope Thanksgiving was good for you and your family and all are healthy..

TravlinMan... :bbq:
  • #4 by Canadian John on 02 Dec 2020

•  When I had my Traeger (similar drain system) I found that if I didn't keep the drainage channels scraped out, over time the liquid grease would slowly stiffen, harden and build up. Removal of this build up was

similar to cleaning the cooking grates.  Once I found what was happening and eventually got the worst of the mess cleaned up, I made it a point to make sure the drainage system was always serviced @ clean

up time.
  • #5 by slaga on 02 Dec 2020
  • I used a "caulk removal tool" to clean the valley of the trough on my Traeger, small putty knife on the sides of the trough, and a large flat head screw driver for the square drain tube. I generally scraped the trough out almost as often as I vacuumed it out.
Pages:
Actions