Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 07 Dec 2020
  • Unlike some politicians who can eat at the French Laundry or travel to foreign resorts like Cancun inspite of their own pandemic guidelines.  However, most of us are doing our best to follow the guidelines and doing what it takes to be safe during this pandemic.
    So tonight's dinner was based on what we missed during this pandemic.  We missed the travel to places in the Great USA and to foreign lands and the food they got to enjoy while traveling.   Three Places that were very popular was Cape Cod,MA for the cranberries, NAPA Valley, Ca for the wine and the food at the French Laundry and Vienna, Austria for the Opera and their famous desserts.  So tonight was dedicated to food and wine from those locations.  The bread was homemade cranberry and walnut loaf representing Cape Cod, the entree was Beef Stroganov with the emphasis on the mushroom sauce from Thomas Keller's, chef and owner of the French Laundry, recipe and dessert was a Vienna Apple and Cranberry tart. The wine was a 2017 Merlot from the Candlestick Vineyard, Howell mountain, NAPA Ca.
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Dec 2020
  • Who needs the French Laundry when you have that? :clap:  Looks great!
  • #3 by pmillen on 08 Dec 2020
  • “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s meal.”  How can I not?

I’m not envious, but … ummm, well I probably am.
Pages:
Actions