Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 11 Dec 2020
  • No pics but a great cook I want to pass on.  Cooked on Bullseye: 1.25" pork chop. Marinate for one hour in beer. Then patted dry and coated with your favorite brown sugar based pork rub. On to the grill at smoke setting of 225* for 30 to 40" (I did 30). Turned half way thru. Then turned up the heat to 500* leaving the chop on. Turned once. When chop reached 145 internal, I painted with KC Masterpiece Kentucky Bourbon sauce on both sides and left it on the grill for another couple of minutes.
    It was beautiful in appearance, a little crusty on surface, meat was all white, and juicy. Flavor was sweet, almost candied. A real treat for my wife who does not like most pork. I usually do not cook thick pork chops, but this will be a favorite for us now. I am liking the RT B380 for direct searing effect. Cant get there with the 590. :clap:
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 11 Dec 2020
  • Ahhhh, the other white meat.
    Love a good pork chop, especially stuffed ones.
  • #3 by okie smokie on 11 Dec 2020
  • Never had a stuffed one. I have no knowledge of how to make good stuffing. Might be my next project.

• #4 by 02ebz06 on 11 Dec 2020
  • Never had a stuffed one. I have no knowledge of how to make good stuffing. Might be my next project.
    The easy way is to cheat, use Stove Top Pork Stuffing.  ;D
  • #5 by okie smokie on 11 Dec 2020
    The easy way is to cheat, use Stove Top Pork Stuffing.  ;D
    Will check it out. Thx
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 11 Dec 2020
  • Wraping with bacon couldn't hurt either.   :)
  • #7 by okie smokie on 11 Dec 2020
  • Wraping with bacon couldn't hurt either.   :)
    That would be like too much on this one. It had all the flavor I like.  I have another rub with jalopena in it that might add a little bite.
Pages:
Actions