Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Big 12 Championship Today  (Read 615 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Big 12 Championship Today
« on: December 19, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »

Sooners vs Iowa State. IS has beaten them in the second game of the season (as did KState in the first game). Sooners did not have everyone back on the roster at the time, and a true freshman (redshirt) QB. OU defense was also poor.  But then they got their selves in order and have since looked better. Their defense has blossomed and the QB Rattler is fun to watch. Now they are a 5 point favorite!  IS on the other hand, is a well seasoned and disciplined team that has beaten their opponents soundly.  Should be a good game to watch. Predictions?  11AM Ct on ABC.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Big 12 Championship Today
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »

Never got into College Football.
NFL takes up enough of my week.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:34:19 AM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 11:25:45 AM »

I have not followed NCAAF much this year other than the B1G.  All that said, usually cannot rule out OU.  My only in person observation with either team was attending the Pinstripe Bowl 10 years ago watching Rutgers beat Iowa State.  I guess that does not make much difference today. 

okie smokie

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »

I liked the first half. Of course I liked it earlier in the season when the half ended 17 to6 Sooners, and then they lost. IMO, they are a much better team now. More to come.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 02:49:24 PM »

Been an off putting year in general for me with all sports.  There is just no energy in a empty or almost empty arena, field house or stadium!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 03:49:54 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

okie smokie

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »

I like your set up. I have the same Klipsch speakers (with another subwoofer). Good stuff.  Great game. On another note: former Sooner Trey Sermon transferred to Ohio State and broke school record today with over 320 yards running to help them win over NW.  Wish he had stayed at OU.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »

They are the Klipsch R-51PM and R-100SW.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 04:15:32 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

What type of beer do you have on tap ?  ;D
Any wings ?
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »

I even have the same pedestals.  We have several HD FM stations in Tulsa and the sound out of these speakers is like being there. I had a 12 inch Klipsch in a horn enclosure back in '60. It was great but not compared to one of these little speakers. Of course bass was a bit fuller, but---K has come a long way. Of course a good set of earbuds sound even better! Those little gray men at Area 51 have been working overtime.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »

I even have the same pedestals.  We have several HD FM stations in Tulsa and the sound out of these speakers is like being there. I had a 12 inch Klipsch in a horn enclosure back in '60. It was great but not compared to one of these little speakers. Of course bass was a bit fuller, but---K has come a long way. Of course a good set of earbuds sound even better! Those little gray men at Area 51 have been working overtime.

I have RP-5000F in my music room.  They sound great.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

What type of beer do you have on tap ?  ;D
Any wings ?

I have several cases of craft beers in the fridge in the basement and garage.  They are mostly oktoberfests, lagers, stouts, and porters with a few local milkshake IPAs.

I have some leftover wings in the garage fridge from my Buffalo Wild Wings order earlier this week - Adobo, Caribbean Jerk, Jammin Jalapeno.  I have a cabinet full of hot sauces ranging from Tabasco jalapeno up thru Carolina Reaper on the heat scale.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »

How much is the cover charge and is there a drink minimum?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

How much is the cover charge and is there a drink minimum?

No cover charge or drink minimum.  LMK when you wish to come up for a visit during your favorite sports season.

okie smokie

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 11:45:36 AM »

Oops! I misled you. I do not have the R51's Mine are R15's  not powered.  But I have a great amp to power them. We have an HD 24 hr Classical, HD Oldies, and HD 24hr Jazz station as well as the pop and rock stations in Tulsa. I am on Classical most of the time, as that has been my interest since my teens. HD has revolutionized sound, but the inventors have done a poor job of marketing. Few HD receivers available except in many new cars, as an upgrade. I have the Sony XDR-F1HD which I think they DC/ed because of poor sales?  It is a bit clumsy but works fine. The remotes usually break, but mine is still good. Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up