Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Dec 2020
  • Small gathering again, just four of us -- me, Bent, brother Bob and SIL Sue.

Having one of our favorites -- rib roast with au jus and horseradish sauce, baked potato with butter and sour cream, a whipped carrot dish (by Sue), corn pudding (by Bent), Parker House rolls, and lemon meringue and pecan pies for dessert (if room!!)

What are some of you folks having for Christmas dinner?
  • #2 by pmillen on 23 Dec 2020
  • Marcia and I are bummed by the social distancing requirements.  Thanksgiving was a bust and Christmas is feeling worse.

We're scratching our heads about the meal.  My suggestion:  beenie weenies.  (Thought of as not even slightly humorous.)  Marcia's suggestion:  soldier on with prime rib.  She always wins.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 23 Dec 2020
  • Just two of us, but having a spiral cut ham that will go in the smoker to heat, with German potato salad, peas, butternut squash, and pumpkin pie.
    Ham will also be put on Saturday's pizza.
    Did I mention we like leftovers?   ;D :clap:
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Dec 2020
  • Marcia's suggestion:  soldier on with prime rib. 

In these difficult times, one must make sacrifices :pig:
  • #5 by Trooper on 23 Dec 2020
  • Family gathering. 12 - Bon and me. 2 kids & spouses who each have three of their own.
    Two meats. A spiral cut Honey Baked Ham and the 7+ pound capon that didn't make it to the table on Thanksgiving.
    I'm in charge of the capon, the gravy, and the mashed potatoes.
    HBH has always recommended the their hams be served at room temperature. That is the way that I prefer that meat and we'll set the slices out in plenty of time.

Then, the usual assortment of Holiday goodies to finish out the meal.
    And a Merry Christmas to you all from us all.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2020
  • I have some ham and turkey in the freezer that was already smoked, portioned, and vac sealed a few months ago.  Will be thawing that out for the meats.  Wife is making cornbread dressing (i.e. stuffing), green bean casserole, probably some version of sweet potatoes (pie and/or casserole), and who knows what else she has on her list to make.  I am sure we will be eating leftovers for a few days.
  • #7 by hughver on 23 Dec 2020
  • Eye of Choice Rib Roast, served with pear salad, scalloped potatoes, peas/carrots and homemade apple pie. There will just be four of us, my wife's brother/his wife and Cheryl and I. We have a seven foot dinning room table and will be paired off at each end. BTW, I read that us geezers (over 75) will be in the second group to receive the vaccine.  :cool:
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Dec 2020
  • BTW, I read that us geezers (over 75) will be in the second group to receive the vaccine.  :cool:

as early as January I read

do you know how long you need to what in between the two doses?
  • #9 by scdaf on 23 Dec 2020
  • Just two of us, going to do smoked citrus marinated Cornish game hens from the recipe at Smoking_Meats.com.  Will have root vegetables under the little chickens.

BBL, I believe it's three weeks between doses.
  • #10 by Clonesmoker on 23 Dec 2020
  • Going the surf and turf route.  Porterhouse steaks and lobster tail along with cheesy potatoes.
  • #11 by Bentley on 23 Dec 2020
  • It truly is the best way to serve and enjoy it!

HBH has always recommended the their hams be served at room temperature. That is the way that I prefer that meat and we'll set the slices out in plenty of time.
  • #12 by hughver on 23 Dec 2020
  • I think 3 weeks for Pfizer and 4 weeks for Moderna.
  • #13 by BigDave83 on 23 Dec 2020
  • We were going to drive up to the little BBQ place we went to last year an for Thanksgiving this year. But our governor fixed that. I have cornish hens I was planning on and baked potato, stuffing and probably corn. Now she tells me her little sister is having Christmas dinner, I said but she gets on my nerves really bad. So not sure now, I guess my dinner will be made over the weekend, and I may take a drive for a take out ham dinner where we were originally planning on going.
  • #14 by reubenray on 23 Dec 2020
  • Beef short/plate ribs.  The one with the big dinosaur bones.
  • #15 by Mikro on 23 Dec 2020
  • Wife had her right hip replaced last week, No company for us, so it looks like a ribeye steak and lobster tail for us. :)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

MK
Pages:
Actions