Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's on the Menu for Christmas Dinner?  (Read 709 times)

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
Re: What's on the Menu for Christmas Dinner?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »

Just the wife and her sister who lives up the street.  Small boneless rib roast, baked potato with butter/sourcream, asparagus, Yorkshire pudding and key lime pie.  First Christmas ever without kids and grandkids-hopefully 2021 will be a better year for all of us.  Merry Christmas everybody.

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 04:24:01 PM »

Wife had her right hip replaced last week, No company for us, so it looks like a ribeye steak and lobster tail for us. :)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

MK
My best to your wife, (and you  ;D).
I've been through that twice. Putting lots of effort into the rehab is key to fast recovery.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 05:13:56 PM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »

Wife had her right hip replaced last week, No company for us, so it looks like a ribeye steak and lobster tail for us. :)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

MK

I hope she has a safe and fast recovery.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

urnmor

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 05:02:20 PM »

We will start on Christmas Eve with a honey baked ham, corn bread, potatoes, vegetables, mincemeat pie, apple pie and chocolate chip cookies. On Christmas we will have breakfast sausage with yeasted Belgium waffles and freshly made pumpkin muffins.  For Christmas dinner Roasted turkey, mash potatoes, rice, corn, peas, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and for desert a special cake for my Claire's Birthday as she is a Christmas baby.

May everyone have joyous Christmas

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 08:01:43 PM »

Me:   Rib roast, prepared horseradish.  Veggies.  Dungeness crab. 
Her:  Lobster or maybe Dungeness, we got both in case she changes her mind LOL. 
17 year old.  Dungeness, and only Dungeness.
14 year old.   Shrimp, fresh pasta, steamed broccoli, dino chicken nuggets (the last a bit of a running tradition.)

Everyone gets what they want, there is no rhyme or reason to this meal any more.   Martinelli's for the girls, Piper Heidsieck for the adults. 

Merry Christmas to all!

DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »

Ahhhh.  Piper-Heidsieck, Marie Antoinette's favorite.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 12:22:33 AM »

Rib roast. I have never cooked one because of the money involved... hope I do not mess it up.  I figure I have cooked about all other cuts, why not try one that does not need much cooking!

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 07:43:07 AM »

Rib roast. I have never cooked one because of the money involved... hope I do not mess it up.  I figure I have cooked about all other cuts, why not try one that does not need much cooking!

Almost seems hard to mess up if you have very little cooking to do to it. Good luck, hope it turns out well or rare. I have never cooked one because I am the only person that would eat it.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »

Yes, the best of luck to you on your rib roast cook.  They really aren't difficult.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 11:34:55 AM »

I hope she has a safe and fast recovery.
My best to your wife, (and you  ;D).
I've been through that twice. Putting lots of effort into the rehab is key to fast recovery.

Thank you for the well wishes for my wife. :)

I had my left hip replaced last year, so this is not my first rodeo with this process. LOL!!

I will say she is doing great. We are 9 days out of surgery and she has been up and moving well, showering, and complaining about having to use a walker. :)

Merry Christmas everyone. :)
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 12:53:39 PM »

I have two ducks to cook. I have been reading up on duck. I have to work on my smoker today. It stopped delivering pellets a couple of days ago while cooking. I discovered that the pellets in the auger had burned and it extended a bit into the hopper. I ran all the pellets out of the auger and emptied the hopper. Now I need to vacuum the grill which does not look that dirty. If does not work or shuts down again, I will be ready with a charcoal grill. This time I will put an ambient probe with a temperature alarm in the smoker so I will no if the temperature starts dropping.

jgrayson

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »

We are going to have 9 for dinner.  It's 5 of us in the household now (my wife and I with our two kids, plus our friend who has been living with us since July after losing her job due to COVID).  We also have family friends coming over that stayed active with us and our kids throughout COVID so we really aren't expanding our social circle.

For dinner we have a 20 pound prime rib that's been cooking since about midnight.  My younger son is working the mashed potatoes, and our friend that's been living with us is doing brussels sprouts.  We'll have a salad and good bread from one of the local bakeries too.
Have fun, John Yoder YS640S; Oklahoma Joes The Judge Charcoal Grill

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »

Because of COVID, we are having our "special" dinner tonight and only exchanging gifts quickly outside with my mom, brother and sister (and families) tomorrow.  Tonight we will be having Prime Rib Roast (hitting the pit in about an hour from now), chopped salad, mashed taters, roasted broccoli, sauteed mushrooms and onions, baked pearl onions in alfredo sauce, Kings Hawaiian  Sweet Rolls and Tiramisu for dessert. 
Merry Christmas All!  A real tough year, but enjoy as best you can. 

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 04:12:48 PM »

We are having my parents over tomorrow and my brother and his wife.  My parents have been secluded except for visits to my brother and wife to help with his BBQ catering business.  My wife and I have only been to the grocery store and doctor appointments.  We will attempt to social distance within our house.  Hopefully, all goes well.

Merry Christmas to all and stay safe!
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up