Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Matt N on 06 Jan 2021
  • So I was just looking at some pellet grills that are for sale at a locally owned retailer and happened to find a MAK 1 star for sale in their clearance items.   How long ago did MAK stop selling through retail locations?   I'm wondering how old it is and if it's worth making them a lower offer than what they are asking?  I don't really need a new pellet grill, but everyone raves about the MAK so I thought I might be able to score a really nice pellet grill for a good price.  Any and all information and opinions are welcome. 
  • #2 by Bentley on 06 Jan 2021
  • I wanna say 2-3 years ago, but that is a guess.  I have no idea.  Get a serial# and calling the company and asking would be the best action.
  • #3 by Matt N on 06 Jan 2021
  • They are asking $1100 for it.   I'm guessing that it's absolutely worth that, but then I would likely need to spend money to buy the flame zone insert and other add-ons from MAK.   I was thinking I could offer them 800-900 and see if they bite. 
  • #4 by Jimsbarbecue on 07 Jan 2021
  • The older one stars had a smaller capacity too. I think your offer is fair
  • #5 by Matt N on 07 Jan 2021
  • Any idea what the total sq. in. of cooking space is?
  • #6 by ylr on 07 Jan 2021
  • YouTube vid from 2016 says 380 sq. in.
  • #7 by Matt N on 07 Jan 2021
  • Wow!!  That is small.  Kind of disappointing.   I have a GMG Daniel Boone and was thinking it might be nice to upgrade to the Mak but I don't want to down size.  Maybe I just need to keep saving and buy something else.  Oh well.   Thanks to everyone who responded.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jan 2021
  • Wow!!  That is small.  Kind of disappointing.   I have a GMG Daniel Boone and was thinking it might be nice to upgrade to the Mak but I don't want to down size.  Maybe I just need to keep saving and buy something else.  Oh well.   Thanks to everyone who responded.

I believe you can buy upper racks for these to double the space.  I know I have them for my MAK 2 that is 8-10 years old.  I have the half rack ones.  I have two of them.  They give me more flexibility in utilizing them.  MAK doesn't have them on their site.  It may be worthwhile giving them a call to see if they still have some in stock before you give up on this.
Pages:
Actions