Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by BigDave83 on 13 Feb 2021
  • Would love to have 2 slices of that Rye toasted up nice for breakfast tomorrow morning.
  • #152 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021
  • Neither rain, nor snow, nor dark will stop the bread making.
    Pellet Grill definitely browns better than the house oven.

Made Sourdough and Rye.
    Cut loaf is rye.

Those are beautiful loaves. Are you saying the ones on top are cooked on the grill and the bottom ones oven?  Have you checked your oven?  I would think if those are the same product there shouldn't be that much difference unless there was an oven issue.
  • #153 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021
  • My daughter is bringing some of her new college friends home with her next weekend, and I will be making pizza for them. One friend asked if I knew how to make babke.

I had never made it although I was familiar with it. I made a test run yesterday. It turned out really well.

• #154 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021
  • Wow, that looks great!  :clap:
    Is the cart the home of your mixer, or do you just use it for transporting the mixer ?
    I use a cart just for moving heavy appliances from closet to kitchen and back.
  • #155 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021

• Those are beautiful loaves. Are you saying the ones on top are cooked on the grill and the bottom ones oven?  Have you checked your oven?  I would think if those are the same product there shouldn't be that much difference unless there was an oven issue.

Both were done on the grill.
    The Rye is the nice golden color. Lighter colored ones are the Sourdough. Hard to tell from pic, but they do have some color.
    I think the reason they are lighter is because they were pretty sticky so I dusted them with flour when I put them in the banneton's.
  • #156 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2021
  • All of those breads look great! FMT, that last bread, is it going to go better with pastrami or tuna salad?
  • #157 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021
  • All of those breads look great! FMT, that last bread, is it going to go better with pastrami or tuna salad?

Bentley, were you referring to my bread or Tony's ?
    Tony's looks like an "eat as is" sweet bread.
    If mine, still have some ham and Swiss, so ham and Swiss on rye, Tuna Salad (or Chicken Salad) does sound good too, and I was thinking patty melt.
  • #158 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021
  • Yeah, if you were just glancing at the picture you may think mine would be marble bread, but that is chocolate if you were looking at mine.

It is not overly sweet which I like, but as stated above it is a sweetbread that is probably best just consumed as is.
  • #159 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2021
  • I kind of assumed it was a sweet bread...alas my humor...

Is the chocolate just tempered chips?
  • #160 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021
  • I kind of assumed it was a sweet bread...alas my humor...

OK, didn't catch it. hahaha
  • #161 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021
    Is the cart the home of your mixer, or do you just use it for transporting the mixer ?

It lives on the cart. My pantry extends under my staircase, and is a pretty nice parking spot for the cart.  It's from menards and works really well.

• #162 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021

It lives on the cart. My pantry extends under my staircase, and is a pretty nice parking spot for the cart.  It's from menards and works really well.

Cool...  I find that the older you get, the heavier things get. Carts are a blessing.
  • #163 by hughver on 14 Feb 2021
  • Since I've not had any luck with other breads, I decided to give Essene bread with dates and walnuts another try. This bread is not only very healthy, it has very few ingredients, it’s easy to make and taste good.
  • #164 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021

Cool...  I find that the older you get, the heavier things get. Carts are a blessing.

That's for sure. I really thought that I wouldn't mind lugging it around when I saw the specs weighing in around 70 lbs. It didn't seem that bad, but after about a week I was exploring options. This works well.

I'm hoping at some point to convert a room in our house that shares the pantry wall into a butlers pantry. It is about a 10 x 11 room that I would like to install a bread oven, sink, butcher block island, shelving, etc. It will be really awesome if it ever comes to fruition.
  • #165 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Feb 2021
  • Since I've not had any luck with other breads, I decided to give Essene bread with dates and walnuts another try. This bread is not only very healthy, it has very few ingredients, it’s easy to make and taste good.

Looks good. You have a sliced pic?
Pages:
Actions