Pages:
Actions
  • #166 by 02ebz06 on 14 Feb 2021

• That's for sure. I really thought that I wouldn't mind lugging it around when I saw the specs weighing in around 70 lbs. It didn't seem that bad, but after about a week I was exploring options. This works well.

I'm hoping at some point to convert a room in our house that shares the pantry wall into a butlers pantry. It is about a 10 x 11 room that I would like to install a bread oven, sink, butcher block island, shelving, etc. It will be really awesome if it ever comes to fruition.

That would be sweet!
    I have a double door what used to be a coat closet in the hall just off the kitchen.
    Since there is a coat closet by the front door, I converted the double door one into an appliance garage.
    My cart is in there, so we just put whatever on the cart and take it to kitchen.
    My panini press is the heaviest.

• #167 by bregent on 16 Feb 2021
  • My son had a craving for sausage and peppers, so I made some hoagie rolls from a recipe I found online. I wanted something that was airy, but had some chew. These were very quick and easy and turned out the way we wanted.

• #168 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Feb 2021
  • My son had a craving for sausage and peppers, so I made some hoagie rolls from a recipe I found online. I wanted something that was airy, but had some chew. These were very quick and easy and turned out the way we wanted.

Boy that makes me miss baseball. I love going to baseball stadiums. Especially ones that I haven't been to before. I like to wander the halls between innings following the scent of griddled onions and peppers. 

I've had good, bad, and in between. More often than not they aren't quite as good as you want them to be at the ballpark, but they sure do bring back some awesome memories by just seeing a picture of one.

My daughter and I would try to make a point to hit a baseball game most summers through her childhood years. She's in college now. I hope you and your son enjoyed them.
  • #169 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Feb 2021
  • That sandwich looks great.

FMT, the sausage at the Brewers stadium is very good.  Also, several good sandwiches at the Pirates stadium too.
  • #170 by Bentley on 16 Feb 2021
  • Good looking rolls!  I have never associate sausage n peppers with a sandwich.  A sausage in a roll with onions n peppers, I get that.  I always associated the cut up links with the peppers as more of a main dish.
  • #171 by bregent on 17 Feb 2021
  • Whole is good too, but they are often cut up for sandwiches - but usually a bit bigger slices of 1 to 2 inches. That was the first time he made them and sliced them a bit thin. Sometimes I've had them sliced in half lengthwise. 
  • #172 by Free Mr. Tony on 17 Feb 2021

FMT, the sausage at the Brewers stadium is very good.  Also, several good sandwiches at the Pirates stadium too.

PNC in Pittsburgh is one of my favorite stadiums I've been to. One of the better food stops as well. I've been meaning to make it to Milwaukee for several years, but haven't got there yet. It's one of the few places within 5 hours from me that I haven't been to yet.
  • #173 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2021

PNC in Pittsburgh is one of my favorite stadiums I've been to. One of the better food stops as well. I've been meaning to make it to Milwaukee for several years, but haven't got there yet. It's one of the few places within 5 hours from me that I haven't been to yet.

Milwaukee is also the easiest stadium to get in and out of from a driving standpoint that I have ever been at.

Wrigley Field has the smell of grilled onions underneath the seating area down in the "tunnel" where all of the food vendors are.  That great smell doesn't seem to have a way to escape that area.  Baltimore has the Boog Powell Baltimore pit beef sandwich although I have not had one yet.
  • #174 by 02ebz06 on 17 Feb 2021

Great looking rolls!!!  I like the sausage and peppers too!
  • #175 by hughver on 17 Feb 2021
  • Since I've not had any luck with other breads, I decided to give Essene bread with dates and walnuts another try. This bread is not only very healthy, it has very few ingredients, it’s easy to make and taste good.

Looks good. You have a sliced pic?

No, when I removed it from the pan it fell apart, too moist. I made a few creative changes to the recipe and they did not turn out well.
  • #176 by Bentley on 17 Feb 2021
  • How did your date bread turn out?  Or were the dates just in the Essene bread?  I think I would like date bread very much but am to cheap to cough up for the dates!
  • #177 by hughver on 18 Feb 2021
  • The dates were in the Essene bread along with walnuts. I added way too many which prevented the processor from properly milling the wheat berries. I added a little water to compensate which was another mistake.  :-[
  • #178 by Free Mr. Tony on 21 Feb 2021
  • This has been my best sourdough to date for sure. It is a parmesan black peppercorn sourdough made with a mix of 2 different bread flours and a bit of durum flour.

I've had quite a situation getting a part for my oven that was needed for a couple months. I finally got that replaced this week which helped even out my oven temps, but a gas oven is still sub-optimal for sourdough baking.

• #179 by 02ebz06 on 21 Feb 2021
  • Lookin' good.  :clap:
  • #180 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2021
  • Was going to try a Condensed Milk Bread and see how it would do for Slider buns.  Not sure if a roll or a loaf is the best choice for Slider buns?

Pages:
Actions