Pages:
Actions
  • #691 by hughver on 23 May 2023
  • Not exactly bread, but close enough.Banana, rasin, pecan muffins. My first-time using silicon pan.
  • #692 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 May 2023
  • I'd be interested in that recipe if you won't mind sharing.
  • #693 by 02ebz06 on 24 May 2023
  • Look very good.
    We have one of those silicon pans for making min-muffins.  Work well.

Lew, you could just use a banana bread recipe for muffins.  If you have one, that is.

• #694 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 May 2023
  • Look very good.
    We have one of those silicon pans for making min-muffins.  Work well.

Lew, you could just use a banana bread recipe for muffins.  If you have one, that is.

My wife does the baking and she is out of the country right now.  Was going to put her to work making me some muffins when she gets home this weekend. ;D
  • #695 by hughver on 24 May 2023
  • I'd be interested in that recipe if you won't mind sharing.

No problem, this is a modified version of a recipe from the web.

Banana Nut Muffins

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup      melted and slightly cooled, unsalted butter.
    2/3 cup      light brown sugar, lightly packed. (I used dark)
    2               large eggs (room temp.)
    2 cups       mashed very ripe bananas, (I used 4 bananas)
    2 tsp.        pure vanilla extract
    1 3/4 cup  all-purpose flour
    1 tsp.        baking soda.
    1 tsp.        baking powder, (my addition)
    1/4 tsp.     salt, (I used kosher)
    1/4 tsp.     ground nutmeg, (my addition)
    1/2 tsp.     ground cinnamon
    2/3 cup     coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, (I used pecans)
    2/3 cup     Rasins, (my addition)

Original recipe had a brown sugar and nut topping consisting of 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2-3 Tbs. nuts, which I did not use.

Instructions:
    (I am severely typing challenged so I cut and pasted instructions.)
    Preheat oven to 350°F.
    In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and ⅔ cup brown sugar until well combined, about 1 full minute. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla, whisking until combined.
    In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a rubber spatula to lightly stir the batter until almost combined. Add 2/3 cup nuts and Rasins, stir until no streaks of flour remain. Be careful not to over-mix.
    Grease 15 standard-sized muffin cups and divide the batter evenly among the cups. Sprinkle the top of each cup with brown sugar and chopped walnuts (topping). Bake for 14-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool.

I used both metal and silicon pans. Metal pan was done in 17 minutes, IT was 196-200°.
    Silicon took another 10 minutes.
  • #696 by hughver on 27 May 2023
  • I had 5 bananas left after previous muffins, so I made banana bread with three of them and more muffins with the other two.
Pages:
Actions