Look pretty good.   :clap:

+1 on that
  • #77 by Bentley on 25 Jan 2021
  • Some good looking bread!
  • #78 by Free Mr. Tony on 26 Jan 2021
  • My first attempt at Baguettes. I'll try a Po'boy sandwich later today

Looking good. What type of poboy?
  • #79 by hughver on 26 Jan 2021
  • Last night it was sliced beef NY strip roast, lightly toasted with lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo. The bread tasted very good but the crust was a little thick/crunchy, I may have over cooked them. Surprisingly, the only in ingredients were flour, water, yeast, salt and a little olive oil for brushing the top of the dough.
  • #80 by bregent on 26 Jan 2021
  • Rustic light rye

• #81 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2021
  • Looks like I need some equipment to make bread when I retire.
  • #82 by bregent on 26 Jan 2021
  • Looks like I need some equipment to make bread when I retire.

The only equipment I used for the rye was a bowl, my hand, and a cast iron Dutch oven. I'm guessing you already have most of those :)
  • #83 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2021
  • Wow!  How spectacular would my corned beef & Russian dressing slaw be on that!
  • #84 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2021
  • I am doing a double batch of the King Arthur flour White Bread recipe.  The double batch seemed to kneed much easier in the KA.  I also upped the yeast in it, as I like the heavy yeast recipe of FMT's Hoagie recipe.  Planning on a #13 for late lunch!
  • #85 by 02ebz06 on 26 Jan 2021
  • Rustic light rye

Good looking bread!  :clap:
    I'll be making some Sourdough bread and Sourdough crackers tomorrow.

Looks like I need some equipment to make bread when I retire.

Just a mixer, a pizza stone (or steel), and the usual measuring and weighing equipment.
  • #86 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jan 2021
  • I probably don't want to be screwing around with our Kitchen Aid so I would look at what FMT bought.  I also need some of those things that form the rolls too for long hoagie rolls.  Do they make similar forms for hot dog/sausage/brat and hamburger rolls?
  • #87 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2021
  • Hope it works!  Will try and go fast!

I think I have seen to many Prison Documentaries...

• #88 by bregent on 26 Jan 2021
  • >I'll be making some Sourdough bread and Sourdough crackers tomorrow.

Nice. I just made sourdough crackers for the first time over the weekend while making that sourdough rye loaf. They're really easy and very tasty. 
  • #89 by 02ebz06 on 26 Jan 2021
  • Hope it works!  Will try and go fast!

Those blades are a little thicker that the double edge razor blades, let us know how it works.

I just ordered a new lame, supposed to get here today.
    Looks a little nicer than the one I have.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G7WC79/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• #90 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2021
  • It works well, I just think I may have over proofed it again.  i think I am going to start just mixing dough and proofing and baking.  I see no reason for a 2nd rise...I keep saying it, but never do it!
Pages:
Actions