Recipe Section > Pork

RIB COOK TIMES

<< < (2/4) > >>

Canadian John:

I respect all the comments.  The reason the data may be confusing to some is that all of it came from individuals. There was o blending of numbers or adjustments made. I just thought this could help guide a newcomer or help someone wanting to cook at a different temperature.

IF IT'S THAT BAD I'LL DELETE IT.. It will be gone in 24 HRS if I don't hear anything positive by then. Thank you.

pmillen:
Oh, John, I always look forward to your posts and have often thought of you as a really nice, helpful, guy.  I didn't mean to dump on you.  I just didn't know which entry to believe might be correct for my situation.  If I don't know which one to "believe" then I really can't "believe" any individual one.

IDK if you should delete it.  Maybe edit the last statement by adding something like people cook their ribs differently based on ...

okie smokie:
Don't delete. Big Brother does not live here. We are not Tweeter or Facebook. Differences of opinion should be seen here.  I think a lot of the data depends on what time of year, how accurate the pit control, personal taste, and in particular the size and weight of the rib rack. I always look for 3lb or less because they indicate younger (sometimes) piggies and small round bones, which I prefer (more meat to bone size IMO.)  A 4 lb baby back, or should I say senior back?, will be fatter and take longer to cook. Same with spares. Also, some like em chewy and some mushy, so time variation is expected. And--I may be all wet!
I will say that your presentation does not help me pick the right time without those other variables, but still is appreciated as always.  :2cents:

Bar-B-Lew:
I wouldn't delete it either, but would suggest clarifying that it is a list of multiple answers provided by people on how they cook.  Trying some of these suggestions until you get the desired level of texture you desire.

reubenray:
I like to do my St. Louis ribs at 225 which allows for me to drink more beer while they cook.  One thing that I noticed is the quality of the ribs makes a bid difference.  Of course a thin rack will cook faster than a thick rack.  Mine usually take between 4 and 5 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View