Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22240 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:20:08 PM »

My wife and I received our first dose on Jan 7, and are scheduled for the booster on Jan 28th. Our doctor only received 10 doses on that day, and we were on a list of folks eligible because of age and health. Outdoor setup and smooth process. No side effects except sl. sore arm the next AM.  I am told that there is more common discomfort, and perhaps some chill and slight fever with the booster dose, but I would expect that. Just proves that you have some early antibody production. How many of our PF's have gotten shots yet?  Would like to know what kind of reactions occur etc. From what I can read, this vaccine has been very mild on side effects.  Hope you all are getting it soon if you desire. We are still shattering all records on the number of new cases and deaths per day in my area, so we need to get it done!!!
Stay well to all.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »

I am not eligible yet.  My parents, who are 76 and 75, are scheduled for their first shot on Jan 25th.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:51:14 PM »

We registered, but are in phase 3 (70+).
They are currently doing phase 2 shots here (75+ I think).
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »

We are part of a 5 county health district which includes the regional hospital.  We received a few thousand doses about 1 months ago.  Our front line health care workers in the 5 counties (hospital, free clinics, etc) were to receive theirs first. After 3 weeks, only 135 people in 5 counties had been vaccinated with an acknowledgement that a lot of the health care workers did not want to be in the first rounds of shots.

So, just today they have decided to vaccinate folks living in nursing homes and assisted living and the people who work in those facilities.  Not all adults over a certain age, just folks living in a care setting.  I have no idea when they will move to group "1b" which is suppose to be first responders, other medical personnel, teachers, essential workers and those over 75.  They seem awful slow in our area.  At 64, I think I fall in the last "general population group" so have no clue how long a wait.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:30:45 PM »

PA just moved to the group 1B that you mentioned, Kristin.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:44:35 PM »

Marcia and I are both over 75 and we each have more than one health issue that evidently puts us in a fairly early group.  There hasn't yet been any public announcement about the schedule.

As I understand, the federal government has delivered the vaccine to the states and it's up to the individual states to distribute it.  Our addled governor (owned Ameritrade and acquired TD Waterhouse for merge) is probably still trying to figure out how to inoculate his wealthy cronies first.  His only public statement has been that he won't provide the free inoculations to people who can't prove U.S. citizenship.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:51:06 PM »

My GF works in an office a hospital. She got her first shot maybe a week ago.

I am still trying to decide if i even want one.

I could be wrong but I though I had read just because you get the vaccine doesn't mean you still can't catch the virus.

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »

Alabama is going backwards.  They tried a phone system with one number for the entire state and it locked up.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 03:43:07 PM »

Alabama is going backwards.  They tried a phone system with one number for the entire state and it locked up.

They never went forward.   I have relatives there, they don't worry it's all a hoax.
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

urnmor

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 04:26:56 PM »

I am scheduled to receive my first shot this Saturday

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 04:41:51 PM »

I just received this news:

"The Trump administration on Tuesday asked states to speed up delivery of COVID-19 vaccines to people 65 and older and to others at high risk by no longer holding back the second dose of the two-dose shots.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said that “the administration in the states has been too narrowly focused.”

Each state has its own plan for who should be vaccinated, based on recommendations from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC recommendations give first priority to health care workers and nursing home residents.

The slow pace of the vaccine rollout has frustrated many Americans at a time when the coronavirus death toll has continued to rise.

Azar said it was now time to expand the pool of those eligible to get the first dose as well as the number of places where people can be vaccinated, such as community health centers and additional drug stores."
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 05:02:30 PM »

I could be wrong but I though I had read just because you get the vaccine doesn't mean you still can't catch the virus.

The first dose takes a few days to kick in and only gives 50% immunity.  So you can, and some folks have, caught the virus after the first dose.  I think, even after the second dose there may be 2 or 3 days after before full immunity kicks in.  So it is definitely a long process.

I have a friend who lives close to the Tenn side of Bristol.  Her county announced shots for those over 75 and she was able to sign her husband up.  She said they had 1300 slots open and 11,000 requests.  So it irritates me VERY MUCH that I see that there are 27.7 million doses which have been distributed but only 9.3 million who have received one dose and 530,000 who have received both.  There are plenty who want it, so stop with all these fancy levels and just open it up if you are having problems scheduling people appropriately.  As the 11,000 requests demonstrate, you have lots out there who can probably make their way to a fire station or pharmacy for a shot.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »

A big problem as I see if for administering the shots is time.
If a Nurse can do 1 every 5 minutes (which I doubt) that is only 15 in an hour.
No doubt you have to read the paperwork just like when you get a regular flu shot, and Insurance has to be checked (they want to get paid).
The CVS Pharmacy by us has only one person that administers shots.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 05:46:59 PM »

I get my first shot this Friday (75+). In Phoenix, they started 10 drive through lanes that operate 24/7, each lane gives a shot every three minutes. They claim that when it's fully implemented, they can give 6000 shots/day.  :cool:
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »

They never went forward.   I have relatives there, they don't worry it's all a hoax.

They had over a million calls for the shot the first day.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Up