Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hughver on 12 Jan 2021
  • No doubt you have to read the paperwork just like when you get a regular flu shot, and Insurance has to be checked (they want to get paid).

There is no charge for Covid-19 shots here.
  • #17 by GREG-B on 12 Jan 2021

• I'm just glad I'm in the group that gets the shot before all the prisoners in jail get theirs.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #18 by WiPelletHead on 12 Jan 2021
  • Her in WI it's slow going so far. My mother is in assisted living and they haven't even heard when they will be seeing the first vaccines. So I'm sure for me at 65 it will be quite some time before I see it.
  • #19 by Bentley on 12 Jan 2021
  • Guess I am the one of the outlier's who has no intention of getting one.
  • #20 by Fire708 on 12 Jan 2021
  • I got my second today. Working an ambulance that serves 4 rehab facilities makes it a no brainer.

As far as the comments about it not guaranteeing you won’t catch COVID, well, no it won’t. It is 95% effective though. Better rate then polio at two doses.

My only problem is I now hear windows start up every morning!
  • #21 by okie smokie on 12 Jan 2021
  • I get my first shot this Friday (75+). In Phoenix, they started 10 drive through lanes that operate 24/7, each lane gives a shot every three minutes. They claim that when it's fully implemented, they can give 6000 shots/day.  :cool:
    It would take 100 days just to give 600K. Hopefully more places will be opened as well. It would be worth while to get as much feedback as possible from our group. Stay well everyone!
  • #22 by BigDave83 on 13 Jan 2021

I am not far from you. i have no desire to get one.
  • #23 by triplebq on 13 Jan 2021

I am not far from you. i have no desire to get one.

I know a few people who don't believe in vaccines. They have no desire to get any vaccines ever. 
  • #24 by Brushpopper on 13 Jan 2021
  • My sister got her second dose last Friday at the hospital she works at.  She felt bad for about eight hours on Saturday morning and much better on Sunday.  Not 100% on Sunday but she could have gone to work if she wasn't off.  Apparently the Mimosa she had late Saturday morning helped and then the Margarita in the early evening was the cure all.  The symptoms were right in line with the ones her coworkers had that had participated in the trial and didn't get the placebo.
  • #25 by yorkdude on 13 Jan 2021
  • My wife had to get one for her work, (hospital). Her 2nd one is in 10 days. As for me, at least so far, I am not interested. My Cardiologist is in total disagreement with me. Might change my mind but I doubt it.
  • #26 by reubenray on 13 Jan 2021
  • I want to travel the country again in my rv and I won't until my wife and I get the shots.  But at the rate Alabama is going it will be late spring or summer before we get them.  I am 69 and my wife turns 65 in July.
  • #27 by Bentley on 13 Jan 2021
  • For me it has nothing to do with a belief in it.  I am sure it is both safe and mostly effective.  I don't get the flu, why would I take a flu shot?  I have taken zero precautions to avoid this infection.  I am in a "high risk" group, I have traveled, I have mixed with others for 11 months, and yet I have not been infected.  For me it would be like taking a powder to gain weight, why would I want to do that?

I know a few people who don't believe in vaccines. They have no desire to get any vaccines ever.
  • #28 by triplebq on 13 Jan 2021
  • For me it has nothing to do with a belief in it.  I am sure it is both safe and mostly effective.  I don't get the flu, why would I take a flu shot?  I have taken zero precautions to avoid this infection.  I am in a "high risk" group, I have traveled, I have mixed with others for 11 months, and yet I have not been infected.  For me it would be like taking a powder to gain weight, why would I want to do that?

Everyone has their reasons for taking or not taking the vaccine and that is their right. I have never had the Flu and I still get the Flu shot, but that is what I like to do.
  • #29 by hughver on 13 Jan 2021
  • It would take 100 days just to give 600K.

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear, the site that I was referring to is only the largest, there are many more throughout the county. Even Safeway will be giving the shots shortly.
  • #30 by dk117 on 13 Jan 2021
  • Lots of press on this becoming an endemic today.   Not sure this is the right messaging? 

Hey humanity is going to be fine, but with slow vaccine rollout, a bunch of people will die, but it will normalize in a few years ...  like the flu. 
Pages:
Actions