Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22389 times)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

I am not going to take the vaccine, so I need to wear a mask for how long to protect others?

Tell me again, Bentley, why you aren't going to take the vaccine.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

It is not my responsibility to keep you from catching the flu.  Now, it is my responsibility if I have an illness that is communicable to take precautions as to not spread it.  But I am not the keeper of the world, not do I feel guilt for these actions.

I was responding to a discussion on a particular article regarding mask effectiveness. I have not read every post in this thread so I am not sure what positions you have taken. But in light of your comment above, there is enough asymptomatic infection out there that folks cannot tell, with certainty, whether they are infectious, even after having a test since results are not immediate and definitive. So this gets back to a risk issue. Risk is great to others if you are infectious and don't know it. As such, the lowest risk position for society is to assume that you are infected.

We are all responsible for our own ethical decisions. My decision is to error on the side of taking precautions to help others. I guess that means that I am on what you call the "keeper of the world" side of the issue. Wearing a mask and social distancing is easy so I do it.

You might be interested in this study of 10 million Chinese during Covid and asymptomatic spread.  Here is a quote that sums up much of the asymptomatic tracking:

"Virus cultures were negative for all asymptomatic positive and repositive cases, indicating no “viable virus” in positive cases detected in this study."

"All asymptomatic positive cases, repositive cases and their close contacts were isolated for at least 2 weeks until the results of nucleic acid testing were negative. None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

I have tried to keep up with the "science" of this as it has progressed.  I have seen more fear mongering than science coming from the bureaucracy, even before Covid.  The CDC is an extension of that, and is an entity that I will no longer trust.  Asymptomatic spread was some of the fear mongering used to justify lock downs and and removal of civil liberties.  Any "leader" that errors to the side of removing freedoms, should not serve in a free society.  I do not follow crowds. I do not virtue signal.  What if's would mean I would never leave my house.  If anyone wants to wear a mask, I am not against it, I do not force my will on others.  My parents are in their 70's and wear masks.  I stand outside on the grass to talk with them.  I keep distance, wash regularly, and do not go out when ill, but I don't wear a mask because I can find no RCT's that support it.  Cheers to individual thought, it is not a bad thing!  The world would still be flat if group think was the norm.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2021, 03:07:35 PM »

Me personally, I am truly more afraid of the handle of the shopping cart or the bathroom door handle.
Again, just my thoughts.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2021, 04:26:54 PM »

I just see no reason to.  Much like not getting a flu shot.  If I get the flu, I will be sick for a few days and be over it.  I feel the same way about the SARS-Cov-2.  I realize I live in Mayberry, but I have taken ZERO precautions against this flu and I have not seemed to catch it!

Maybe I am just Ben Richards from the 1970's, I do not know!

I am not going to take the vaccine, so I need to wear a mask for how long to protect others?

Tell me again, Bentley, why you aren't going to take the vaccine.

If this was Ebola, I guarantee you I would be getting a vaccination, but it simply is not that dangerous for someone like me!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 04:37:32 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »

Well, 523,000 dead in the US in the last year from Covid-19 compared to an average of 30K/year (over the last ten years) for the flu, that's enough to scare the heck out of me.  :(
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2021, 06:08:52 PM »

It scares you, it does not me.  That is life.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2021, 06:13:29 PM »

Still waiting for my group's turn...   :(
Got this email from State of New Mexico:

"Notice from NM Department of Health. New Mexico is the most efficient state in the country for vaccine distribution, but demand still exceeds supply. If you have not received your vaccine, please wait for a notification. Please do NOT show up at a vaccine event without an appointment. Doing so creates additional health risks. Thank you for your understanding. "

I not sure believe the "most efficient" part.
Only a little over 2 million people in  the state, we are just in phase 1B.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2021, 06:38:38 PM »

It scares you, it does not me.  That is life.

This article scares me.  Obesity is not well like by covid apparently.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weight-isnt-always-within-control-110109672.html
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »

Sorry Bent, I did not word that correctly. I personally am not scared, I'm scared for my 5 children, 13 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. I'm scared that they, and many others, will not survive to enjoy the same full life that I have.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2021, 08:25:13 PM »

They Live had one of the best fight scenes ever in a movie....RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2021, 05:52:18 PM »

Latest new I received...

As more jurisdictions join Texas, Mississippi and other states in lifting mask mandates and easing restrictions on businesses, many essential workers — including bartenders, restaurant servers and retail workers — are relieved by changes that might help the economy but also concerned they could make them less safe amid a pandemic that health experts warn is far from over.

Some workers say they’re worried about getting COVID-19 as crowds return and resistance from co-workers and customers when they try to enforce their employers’ ongoing mask requirements.

What’s more, essential workers like bartenders and cooks aren’t yet eligible in many states to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Health experts tracking the trajectory of new virus variants warn that lifting restrictions too soon could lead to another lethal wave of infections. They are urging people to continue covering their faces regardless of state rules.

Meanwhile, the U.S. on Saturday reached a single-day record of COVID-19 vaccine doses given, with 2.9 million people receiving shots, according to CDC data.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2021, 08:00:21 PM »

Received my first Moderna shot abut 8 hours ago.

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »

Getting my 2nd shot this morning. no reaction to the first one and hoping the same this time...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »

No reaction other than sore, stiff arm where I got the poke yesterday.  2nd shot scheduled for April 8th.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2021, 11:20:01 AM »

Getting my 2nd shot this morning. no reaction to the first one and hoping the same this time...
More reaction to the second. I took two tylenol after, and had no significant side effects. Just mild headache that evening. My wife had a sore arm and headache two days.  I think these shots have less side effects than flu vax. Glad to see everyone getting poked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up