Pages:
Actions
  • #211 by hughver on 30 Mar 2021
  • Here in Canada the time between shots 1 + 2 is 100 days. 

It appears that Canada is following the same road as the UK and Israel. I've read that one shot is 90% effective after three weeks. The US emergency authorization was based on data derived from the three week spread, I believe that data on longer spacing between shots has not yet been authorized due to lack of supporting data being presented.  :2cents:
  • #212 by RobertG on 31 Mar 2021
  • I had the first Moderna shot yesterday.   No side effects and no sore arm.   Second shot in four weeks.
  • #213 by Big Bear on 31 Mar 2021
  • Just received my last shot of Moderna and no side effects.
  • #214 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2021
  • Just got 1st (Pfizer) no issues (yet).
    35 more days until we start poker game again.  ;D
  • #215 by Th3Batman86 on 05 Apr 2021
  • Frontline workers just became eligible in Oregon. I am signed up to get my dose on Wednesday. I am hoping to get the Johnson and Johnson. They say they have 1000 doses of it for Wednesday but I assume it is first come first serve and my appt. isn't until the afternoon.
  • #216 by cookingjnj on 05 Apr 2021
  • Just got first dose of Pfizer today.  Second scheduled for April 26.  Wanted to hold out for the JnJ, but gotta do what we gotta do ..... this has been a long long trek....
  • #217 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Apr 2021
  • 2nd moderna shot coming up on Thursday
  • #218 by WiPelletHead on 05 Apr 2021
  • I got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine a little over 2 weeks ago.

Today WI opened it up to everyone 16 and older. Our county health department posted that they have opening for this week. Not sure which vaccine they are getting right now but the best one is the one you can get.
  • #219 by slaga on 07 Apr 2021
  • I was a little concerned about the lack of long term affects analysis of these vaccinations but I got my 1st Pfizer shot on Monday. No symptoms from it and I hope the booster goes just as well.
  • #220 by ICIdaho on 07 Apr 2021
  • I was a little concerned about the lack of long term affects analysis of these vaccinations but I got my 1st Pfizer shot on Monday. No symptoms from it and I hope the booster goes just as well.

I have the same hang ups on the long term.  I will not let my kids get it until more has been studied.  It frustrates me they are now pushing this for minors down to 16, and quickly trying to get it down to 12.  I do not think a lot of people understand these vaccines are not approved.  They only have emergency use authorization which is not FDA approval.  What happens if they find out that long term it has a high sterility rate for some reason?  I can take the risk for myself, but for my kids I do not think the same way.  Pushing it on the young generation seems short sited and an overreaction. 
  • #221 by hughver on 08 Apr 2021
  • Pushing it on the young generation seems short sited and an overreaction.

I sort of agree, but given the death rate for this virus, it beats the other option.  :(
  • #222 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Apr 2021
  • Except the death rate for children by COVID is virtually non-existent -- in the 0 to 17 year age group it is 246 out of about 534,000 deaths and nearly every one of those children have had a significant underlying health issue.  For 18 to 29 year old's it is 1957 out of 534,000 and again, many have had significant underlying health issues.

I have no children so this is probably easy for me to say, but I would not have them take this vaccine.  At 64, it is a no brainer for me.  At those young ages, not sure why risk it.
  • #223 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Apr 2021
  • Had second shot about 7 hours ago.
  • #224 by okie smokie on 09 Apr 2021
  • Except the death rate for children by COVID is virtually non-existent -- in the 0 to 17 year age group it is 246 out of about 534,000 deaths and nearly every one of those children have had a significant underlying health issue.  For 18 to 29 year old's it is 1957 out of 534,000 and again, many have had significant underlying health issues.

I have no children so this is probably easy for me to say, but I would not have them take this vaccine.  At 64, it is a no brainer for me.  At those young ages, not sure why risk it.
    Your conclusion is logical. But I am not convinced that it will turn out to be a correct one in the long view.  If the vaccine does turn out to be very safe, (Other than the rare allergic response which can happen with any foreign substance we inject or ingest), then it would be worth considering vaccination of everyone, as we do with smallpox, measles, mumps, chickenpox etc. The object being to remove this virus (or current form of it) from exposure to the whole world population. Smallpox for example is literally gone, except for keeping a small amount in very secure labs in case it is needed in the future for some reason. Actually, the vaccine for smallpox was and is made from Cowpox virus. We are not susceptible to Cowpox, but we do get full immunity to Smallpox from it.
    So if the vaccine is safe, which I trust it will be concluded, it may be worth considering giving it to younger children as well in the future. Even tho they usually don't die or get very sick from this virus, they are still capable of carrying and incubating it to levels that can be contagious to grandma and gramps, who are often involved in their care, and to those with impaired health as well. Meanwhile the hysteria (unfounded) that vaccination in general is not good for our kids is misguided IMO. If not for vaccinations, many of the people you know would not have made it to adulthood. And reaching 90+ years would be a rarity instead of common as it is now.  So for now, being cautious may be wise, but in the future, who knows? Also, if the vaccine is safe as it appears to be, the risk to young children of taking it, still appears to be less than the risk of getting the disease. That one rare susceptible child if vaccinated may be here to enjoy his 90th birthday (perhaps if he dodges life's other risks). 
  • #225 by hughver on 09 Apr 2021
  • What he said. I've got five children and were they young, I'd have them vaccinated in a heart beat.
Pages:
Actions