Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22418 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2021, 05:37:33 AM »

I understand completely if Bentley does not want the shots and I have not problem with his decision. My brother is refusing to also, but he may due to his kids and grandkids.  My wife and I got the J&J shot.  We wanted to protect ourselves being we are wanting to get back to traveling the country in our motorhome.  We also get our yearly flu shots and we both believe we will have to take a yearly Covid shot which I assume would be another J&J shot.  It has been 11 days since we got our shots.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »

So since 1 in 5 say they will not get vaccinated, is 80% your definition of herd immunity?

Not my definition.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2021, 02:51:14 PM »

I think that sooner or later the 20% will get the virus and thereby develop antibodies. However, since they don't know how long the antibodies from either source, vaccine or the virus its self, will last, if/when herd immunity will develop is still an unknown. It could be that those vaccinated will have to get a shot yearly and the 20% will experience repetitive infection.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2021, 04:08:52 PM »

I have a feeling that only 40 to 50% of the nation as a whole will get the vaccine.  It is interesting to follow the WaPo vaccine tracker.  A lot of slow down in a lot of states at 30 to 40%.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »

Just got our second Pfizer shot about 45 minutes ago.
Not wait and see what side effects, if any, besides sore arm.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2021, 08:41:47 PM »

I had flu like symptoms after the second Pfizer vaccine.  Most of my friends and coworkers had none or minimal symptoms.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2021, 08:39:21 AM »

We are 19 hours past 2nd Pfizer shot and no side effects other than the expected sore arm.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:15:06 PM by 02ebz06 »

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2021, 05:03:23 PM »

It has now been 14 days since we got out J&J shots.  We can go maskless now and we had no blood clot issues.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2021, 06:16:54 PM »

It has now been 14 days since we got out J&J shots.  We can go maskless now and we had no blood clot issues.

You might have a tough time finding a business that will let you in without one.
At least until the Fed/Local Government says it's OK to.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2021, 06:43:42 PM »

You might have a tough time finding a business that will let you in without one.

That really depends on the state.  A lot of states don't have mask requirements in effect and the feds only have jurisdiction to require masks on federal property.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2021, 07:18:40 PM »

MS no masks but most place required one indoors regardless of state requirements
VA and TN masks

CDC coming out with new guidance tomorrow on masks while outdoors

I have not been wearing one outside since I became fully vaccinated.  I do wear one inside when the store has sign on door requiring it.

Having traveled for the last 3 weeks (via car) I would say 25%-50% of people had a mask on outdoors depending on where I was.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »

Where I am living at now it is about half mask/half no mask.  Even the local post office is mostly no masks.  The local restaurants have the signs up saying masks are required, but most people are not wearing them.  The grocers and the national chains stores are the one's that are requiring them.

dk117

« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:08 PM »

Looks like we may not get out of the woods for a while.
The experts say soon we will be hitting the tipping point where there is more vaccine than the people that want to take it.
This will impact getting to the herd immunity level which would contain the spread of the virus.

Also say that after having both shots, you should only socialize with people that have had both shots.
Just because you can't get sick from it, it doesn't mean you can't carry it and spread it to others.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/supply-vs-demand-when-will-the-scales-tip-on-covid-19-vaccination-in-the-u-s/
On Saturday, our counties second largest vaccination site only was at 50% capacity for reservations. So they said no more reservations, pre-fill out your paperwork, and we'll get you vaccinated.  Anyone 16 and over who wants one can get one.  Pfizer.  Washington State.  They even allow folks from Oregon to cross the river.

This was my vaccination site a week and a half ago.  I saw the article in the local (digital) paper, forwarded to a friend from Oregon, she got her first shot this morning at 10:30, no line. 
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »

My wife got her 1st shot (and will get her 2nd) in MS as PA was not at a stage where she qualified before she went to visit her mother.  They didn't even ask her for her drivers license.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #269 on: April 27, 2021, 06:08:25 PM »

On Saturday, our counties second largest vaccination site only was at 50% capacity for reservations. So they said no more reservations, pre-fill out your paperwork, and we'll get you vaccinated.  Anyone 16 and over who wants one can get one.  Pfizer.  Washington State.  They even allow folks from Oregon to cross the river.

This was my vaccination site a week and a half ago.  I saw the article in the local (digital) paper, forwarded to a friend from Oregon, she got her first shot this morning at 10:30, no line.

We experienced similar.
When we got out first, it took over 10 min. just to park and walk to the building, then 20+ minutes waiting in line before we got our shots.
Last Friday when we got our 2nd shot, we were able to park right next to the building, walked in and went straight up go get our shots. No wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife got her 1st shot (and will get her 2nd) in MS as PA was not at a stage where she qualified before she went to visit her mother.  They didn't even ask her for her drivers license.

That's cool.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 06:10:02 PM by 02ebz06 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up