Pages:
Actions
  • #271 by ylr on 01 May 2021
  • Got the J&J shot Thursday; was achy for a couple of days. Work has a contest where if 30% get vaxed, there's a drawing for $5K after taxes, after 50% it's $10K, and after 70%, it $20K! I would put a  :cool: emoji up here, but there's 1200 people at the plant, and I've never won a thing in my life.... ::)
  • #272 by Kristin Meredith on 02 May 2021
  • Got the J&J shot Thursday; was achy for a couple of days. Work has a contest where if 30% get vaxed, there's a drawing for $5K after taxes, after 50% it's $10K, and after 70%, it $20K! I would put a  :cool: emoji up here, but there's 1200 people at the plant, and I've never won a thing in my life.... ::)

Now that's the way to incentivize folks!  I assume only those vaccinated go into the drawing, so your odds go up!

• #273 by cookingjnj on 02 May 2021
  • Been a week since I received my second Pfizer dosage.  One more week until I hit that magic complete vaccination point.  I followed our own BBL's guidance for curbing reactions to the second dose.  No alcohol for two days prior to the shot and for two days after the shot and drank lots of water.  My shot was at 0900 so grabbed a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Roll on the way to have a "good" full stomach.  I know BBL recommended a sub from WaWa, but it was morning and thought the PEC would be a great substitute.  Downed a bottle of H2O (12 oz) and half a bottle (20 oz) of Gator Aid with the sandwich.  Post shot drank the rest of the Gator Aid and made sure I drank a lot of water for the rest of the day and following day.  Had very little soreness in my arm, which was gone by the following morning, and only really felt a little tired and groggy the following day.  Nothing really major.  All in all a pretty good experience.  Thanks for the guidance BBL.  Not sure if that is what helped me, but I know for sure it did not hurt.  Highly recommend. 
  • #274 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 May 2021
  • Glad to hear that my "medical" advice paid off for someone else.
  • #275 by reubenray on 03 May 2021
  • My wife and I went to a local small town Walmart and we did not wear our mask.  We have had our shots and we don't plan on wearing them unless we are told to my management of the store.   No one said anything to us.  Most people did, but there were a lot of people without them. 
  • #276 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 May 2021
  • I've seen similar in TN and VA on my drive home this past week.  One place had even changed their sign on the door to masks recommended instead of required.
  • #277 by slaga on 07 May 2021
  • After getting my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, I was really tired from 24 hours after to about 48 hours after the vaccine. Otherwise no side affects that I recall.
  • #278 by dk117 on 10 May 2021
  • Pfizer jab #2 Saturday.  Fatigue, sore arm.   Nothing more, but I whined anyway.  My 17 year old must have slept 18 hours the day after.  Shakes and sweating.  She's fine today  :)

DK
  • #279 by dk117 on 14 May 2021
  • well the CDC basically says we're done.   Yesterday my 14 year old daughter got her first jab.    Normal life is almost here.  Went to a gas station and a pub yesterday.  I was the only one wearing a mask.   And I'm now fully vaccinated.   I don't really have a point in continuing this thread other than to encourage others to get us to herd immunity.  Even if that definition shifts.  When I had kids I started getting the flu vaccine.  I'll treat Covid same way even if it requires an annual booster.

DK
  • #280 by Bentley on 14 May 2021
  • The couple of scientific/medical article I have been reading in the last few days are basically saying they are giving up on herd immunity.  I never felt like normal had left me.  I was forced into wearing things I would never have worn, but this flu never stopped me from doing or seeing things I wanted.
  • #281 by JoeGrilling on 14 May 2021
  • Things were far from normal for my wife and I.  She came from a family of seven.  All but one resides in the SF bay area.  In March 2020, my mother-in-law, father-in-law and their caregiver were moved from their assisted living facility into our home. That lasted for about two months.  My father-in-law figured at that point that their facility had put in place proper Covid protocols.  Then there were all of the missed family gatherings.  In years past, we have had up to 40 people at our house for Thanksgiving dinner.  This past year it was just my wife and I plus two of our adult kids.

The other thing we missed was traveling.  In the fall of 2019, we traveled all over central Europe.  Little did we know that Covid was already making it's rounds there.  One of my daughters went on a snowboarding trip to Switzerland in February 2020.  She crossed into northern Italy one afternoon for lunch.  A few weeks later that area was overrun by Covid.  This ended her future travel plans for a while.  Our immediate family is meeting up in Hawaii in July.  At least this make things seem a little more normal even though we have to go through that state's strict entry rules.

• #282 by Bentley on 15 May 2021
  • Mask mandate was over at Midnight last night and all restrictions in Virginia are to be lifted at the end of the month.  Finally an end to this BS here!
  • #283 by reubenray on 15 May 2021
  • I am still surprised of how many people are wearing a mask outdoors.  I see this one man riding a bicycle all the time and wearing a mask.
  • #284 by Bentley on 15 May 2021
  • I understand what you are saying, but I say do what makes you feel safe.  I am sure there will be lots of people that this becomes a way of life.  I have no issue with that.

I am still surprised of how many people are wearing a mask outdoors.  I see this one man riding a bicycle all the time and wearing a mask.
  • #285 by Chris__M on 21 May 2021
  • I got my second Pfizer a week ago. The first one didn't affect me, but this time I did feel a little under the weather. Nothing I couldn't cope with, though, and I am fine now.
Pages:
Actions