Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22388 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 01:43:18 PM »

Still waiting here in Canada... Some, very few health care workers and seniors in group homes have received round 1.. A concern I have is round 2, timing and availability. The whole program is a major

logistics nightmare.

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »

Still waiting here in Canada... Some, very few health care workers and seniors in group homes have received round 1.. A concern I have is round 2, timing and availability. The whole program is a major

logistics nightmare.

I think round two here in the U.S. might be pretty tough as well.  The incoming president said he is going to release all of the vaccines and not hold any back for round two.  I'm getting a little worried that the most vulnerable won't be able to get a round two in a timely fashion.  My dad falls into this category.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 02:39:18 PM »

logistics nightmare.

I think round two here in the U.S. might be pretty tough as well.  The incoming president said he is going to release all of the vaccines and not hold any back for round two.  I'm getting a little worried that the most vulnerable won't be able to get a round two in a timely fashion.  My dad falls into this category.

That is interesting because I just read that Trump had released all of the vaccines and is not holding any back for round two.  And that his administration said all states should start giving the vaccines to anyone 65+ right away.

Another example of the media creating whatever story gets them more clicks.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »

I haven't heard anything about what happens if you don't get the second shot at the specified time.
Starting all over ? ? ?
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

GatorDave

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 03:53:52 PM »

logistics nightmare.

That is interesting because I just read that Trump had released all of the vaccines and is not holding any back for round two.  And that his administration said all states should start giving the vaccines to anyone 65+ right away.

Another example of the media creating whatever story gets them more clicks.

The news does like to create, but I did hear this from Biden in a speech, so I'm confident this wasn't fake news.  He was saying he would release it all rather than hold it back like the current administration.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 04:03:33 PM »

I asked my doctor about the possibility of not having doses for the 2nd shot. He said that our clinic is holding one booster in storage for each first dose given. Hope that is so. Biggest problem we all have is that there are not enough people on the front  lines to give the shots. The blame for that goes right to the states. They had plenty of time to figure out those logistics IMO.  I note that Florida is moving right along with better delivery.  They seemed to have done most things right, including not shutting down. (I don't live there).  Part of the problem with this Pfizer vaccine is the requirement for very cold storage, which most facilities cannot provide without buying new expensive equipment. I do not know how much time after defrost that the product is fully effective.  Lotsa problems.  Wishing for  better news and soon. 

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 04:11:24 PM »

I haven't heard anything about what happens if you don't get the second shot at the specified time.
Starting all over ? ? ?

This is from the CDC stating that if the second dose is administered after the 3 or 4 week time period it is still effective.

Administration

The mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series consist of two doses administered intramuscularly:

Pfizer-BioNTech (30 µg, 0.3 ml each): 3 weeks (21 days) apart
    Moderna (100 µg, 0.5 ml): 1 month (28 days) apart

Persons should not be scheduled to receive the second dose earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, second doses administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid. Doses inadvertently administered earlier than the grace period do not need to be repeated. There is no maximum interval between the first and second doses for either vaccine. Therefore, if the second dose is administered >3 weeks after the first Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine dose or >1 month after the first Moderna vaccine dose, there is no need to restart the series. Vaccine administration errors should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).

Here is the lick to the article. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html
FE PG 1000

ICIdaho

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36:32 AM »

My wife works in an elementary school and is coming up soon for eligibility.  She will probably get.  I don't have any intentions of getting it, at least not anytime soon.  Someone that needs it, or is scared to participate without it, can have all available doses before I would even consider it.  I can go years without getting the common cold.  My wife and kids can all be sick and I never catch what they have.  I am also not in any risk category to be concerned.  Best of luck to those who are receiving it, hopefully we can get back to full participation again sooner rather than later.  If I never see someone in a mask again, outside of a hospital care workers, I will be a lot more at ease.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:38:21 AM by ICIdaho »

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2021, 12:24:00 PM »

My wife works in an elementary school and is coming up soon for eligibility.  She will probably get.  I don't have any intentions of getting it, at least not anytime soon.  Someone that needs it, or is scared to participate without it, can have all available doses before I would even consider it.  I can go years without getting the common cold.  My wife and kids can all be sick and I never catch what they have.  I am also not in any risk category to be concerned.  Best of luck to those who are receiving it, hopefully we can get back to full participation again sooner rather than later.  If I never see someone in a mask again, outside of a hospital care workers, I will be a lot more at ease.
yes this is tough.   My wife is also an elementary school teacher.  While she has been doing all her zoom classes in the school facility (it's 1.5 miles from our house and she feels more equipped to teach there) she goes Jan 25th face to face with her kids.   Per WA govt guidance, she'll be lucky to get her first dose in April as she's under 50.  Me maybe in the summer.

With this logic, opening schools (which my wife supports) during the biggest spike in the virus ever, we should have just opened schools last September.    My Covid bubble will go from about 20 people, to minimum 400 overnight.  I'll still wear a mask when out, but ... I don't even know what to say ... we're headed towards endemic.

On a somewhat related note, post Jan 25th, I see no reason to limit my activities (while masked) like restaurants and pubs to support local business and seeing friends again (max 6 people).

DK   :2cents:
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

ICIdaho

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »

yes this is tough.   My wife is also an elementary school teacher.  While she has been doing all her zoom classes in the school facility (it's 1.5 miles from our house and she feels more equipped to teach there) she goes Jan 25th face to face with her kids.   Per WA govt guidance, she'll be lucky to get her first dose in April as she's under 50.  Me maybe in the summer.

With this logic, opening schools (which my wife supports) during the biggest spike in the virus ever, we should have just opened schools last September.    My Covid bubble will go from about 20 people, to minimum 400 overnight.  I'll still wear a mask when out, but ... I don't even know what to say ... we're headed towards endemic.

On a somewhat related note, post Jan 25th, I see no reason to limit my activities (while masked) like restaurants and pubs to support local business and seeing friends again (max 6 people).

DK   :2cents:

My wife has been face to face since the beginning of the school year (last August).  My 2 kids are in 2 different schools that have been full time face to face since the start too.  The high school has close to 1400 people in it.  They have had cases of both kids and teachers being quarantined for contraction.  As a percentage though, they are under the general population.  Kids do not seem to spread it like adults.  Most of the faculty who have contracted it have been traced to after hours get togethers.  My wife works in the special ed room with 2 other teachers.  One of them came to work sick, after a family get together, and later that day found out she had tested positive....my wife never contracted it and neither did the kids the aid was working with.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:39:53 PM by ICIdaho »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2021, 04:34:51 PM »

And they would give it to me before your wife because I am obese, yeah, that makes a lot of sense!   
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »

Here in AZ, obese doesn't seem to qualify, only COPD, heart disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease. They open eligibility to over 65 next Tuesday.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »

I couldn't figure out how to get this to show up good on here so I will just post the link to the PA vaccine priority ranking system.  Teachers are before obese.  It says we are in phase 1A, but my county has moved to 1B.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Vaccine.aspx
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2021, 06:32:47 PM »

My local ABC TV station emails me updates on the virus.
Here is the latest:

COVID-19 is now killing faster than at any point in 2020. And the new year just started.

The U.S. reported its highest number of COVID-19 deaths in one day Tuesday: 4,327, according to Johns Hopkins University.

The five highest daily tallies for new infections and new deaths have all occurred in 2021.

Over the past week, the U.S. has averaged more than 3,300 deaths per day, a jump of more than 217% from mid-November.

Many experts aren’t surprised after widespread holiday gatherings, casual get-togethers with friends and weeks of record-high hospitalization numbers.

More than 131,300 people are now hospitalized with COVID-19, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

Clinical Nurse Zachary Petterson tends to a COVID-19 patient in the intensive care unit at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center during the coronavirus pandemic in San Jose, Calif., Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)

Although vaccinations continue to lag behind predictions, health experts are begging Americans to hunker down in their bubbles for these next few months as soaring hospitalizations lead to record daily deaths.

Climbing case numbers will likely continue this winter, but better months are coming, according to Dr. Paul Offitt, a member of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.

Mass vaccinations, warmer weather, a new presidential administration and a population building immunity could lead to a “dramatically better” summer, he said.

Two “remarkably effective” vaccines are already being administered, and two more vaccines — from Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca — “are right around the corner,” Offitt said.

If another 55% to 60% of the population can be vaccinated — something Offit said can be done if the U.S. gives 1 million to 1.5 million doses a day — “then I really do think that by June, we can stop the spread of this virus.”

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »

I'm 75 and in Michigan.
I'm registered and haven't heard anything about scheduling an appointment.

I am, however, very encouraged by people like Bentley and BigDave83 who aren't planning on getting a vacine.
How good is that? Bring it on!
That makes the line shorter for me and others who want one.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:58:04 PM by Trooper »
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Up