Pages:
Actions
  • #316 by JoeGrilling on 25 Aug 2021
  • I don't know if this has any effect on non-vaccinated folks or not.  I was more interested in the fact that it seems to be helpful for those who are vaccinated and suffer a break through case and the immuno compromised. You don't want to take the vaccine, you "takes your chances".  But if you are trying to keep safe, then good info to know in my book.

The monoclonal antibodies medicine was recently given to Gov. Abbott of Texas amongst other leader that have become infected.  My wife pointed out that our local healthcare system announced it is now available in our town.  It has been proven effective.

Now for the dark side of the internet medical force.  I spoke to a friend who was actually was my boss from time to time over the years and our families have know each other for over 25 years.  He held a VP position at a large corporation we once worked at.  He told me he and his large family refuses to get vaccinated.  I didn't bother to ask why knowing where he gets his information from.  He has his a large family with like more than 12 grand kids  He as all of them taking Ivermectin.  My comment to him was "the stuff we give our dogs for heartworm prevention"?  I relayed the conversation to my daughter who is an associate professor of veterinary medicine at a vet school back east.  She laughed. 

Today, my daughter received an email from the FDA and her state veterinary medical association threatening disciplinary against any vet prescribing Invermectin for humans.  She forwarded the email to me with a chuckle.

Back in 1996, I was using the internet for researching technological information and thought it was the greatest resource ever.  One of my fellow managers said the internet was scariest thing he had ever seen.  He said this will someday become the greatest source of misinformation ever.  In retrospect, how prophetic.                 

I am not going to claim to know one way or the other, but Ivermectin was used in India, and at the point it was introduced, the case load went from 35,000 a day to about 350 a day in weeks.  That is probably what your friend is basing some of his information from.  Was Ivermectin the silver bullet?  That is for scientists to decide.  The problem is the ones with the biggest bully pulpit in the U.S. no longer use the scientific method, but seem to just default to the highly politicized FDA and CDC that only push vaccination.  I have attached a link to a study done in health care workers in India where they studied the use of Ivermectin.  It is just information, it is good to have as much as possible.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/
    The jury is still out until the results of the Oxford PRINCIPLE study that was started in June comes out.  My friend based his use of Ivermectin on an internet medical doctor.   The doctor's YouTube talk that my friend forwarded to me several months back has since been pulled. 
  • #317 by yorkdude on 25 Aug 2021

• Back in 1996, I was using the internet for researching technological information and thought it was the greatest resource ever.  One of my fellow managers said the internet was scariest thing he had ever seen.  He said this will someday become the greatest source of misinformation ever.  In retrospect, how prophetic.                 

I understand what you are saying, but I guess I view it differently.  People want to believe what they want to believe so will always seek out the source that supports their world view.  Even if it is a snake oil salesman -- and they know it!  The biggest gift we could give to any child growing up is how to:  (1) effectively research an issue; and (2) effectively analyze and reasonably approach an issue. I am not holding my breath on our ability to accomplish this goal.
    Yep.

Those are two great things that should be in a curriculum.  Teaching them how to manage money would be another great thing to add.
    Yep.
  • #318 by reubenray on 25 Aug 2021
  • My brother finally gave in and got the J&J shot today.  Most of the people that we know are vaccinated now.
  • #319 by Hank D Thoreau on 27 Aug 2021
  • I don't know if this has any effect on non-vaccinated folks or not.  I was more interested in the fact that it seems to be helpful for those who are vaccinated and suffer a break through case and the immuno compromised. You don't want to take the vaccine, you "takes your chances".  But if you are trying to keep safe, then good info to know in my book.

The monoclonal antibodies medicine was recently given to Gov. Abbott of Texas amongst other leader that have become infected.  My wife pointed out that our local healthcare system announced it is now available in our town.  It has been proven effective.

Now for the dark side of the internet medical force.  I spoke to a friend who was actually was my boss from time to time over the years and our families have know each other for over 25 years.  He held a VP position at a large corporation we once worked at.  He told me he and his large family refuses to get vaccinated.  I didn't bother to ask why knowing where he gets his information from.  He has his a large family with like more than 12 grand kids  He as all of them taking Ivermectin.  My comment to him was "the stuff we give our dogs for heartworm prevention"?  I relayed the conversation to my daughter who is an associate professor of veterinary medicine at a vet school back east.  She laughed. 

Today, my daughter received an email from the FDA and her state veterinary medical association threatening disciplinary against any vet prescribing Invermectin for humans.  She forwarded the email to me with a chuckle.

Back in 1996, I was using the internet for researching technological information and thought it was the greatest resource ever.  One of my fellow managers said the internet was scariest thing he had ever seen.  He said this will someday become the greatest source of misinformation ever.  In retrospect, how prophetic.                 

I am not going to claim to know one way or the other, but Ivermectin was used in India, and at the point it was introduced, the case load went from 35,000 a day to about 350 a day in weeks.  That is probably what your friend is basing some of his information from.  Was Ivermectin the silver bullet?  That is for scientists to decide.  The problem is the ones with the biggest bully pulpit in the U.S. no longer use the scientific method, but seem to just default to the highly politicized FDA and CDC that only push vaccination.  I have attached a link to a study done in health care workers in India where they studied the use of Ivermectin.  It is just information, it is good to have as much as possible.

The article was published in the open access, and pay to publish, PLOS One, rather than a publication specifically dedicated to the field of medicine, such as the Journal of the American Medical Society or the New England Journal of Medicine.

This does not mean that the results are bad. PLOS One is a way to get results in print, which then makes them referenceable for future publications.

The study described in the abstract is very limited in scope. It was published in February. It seems that there would be more in the literature by now if there was such a dramatic decrease in infections in India.

Keep in mind that the NIH label in PubMed and the url is because NIH hosts the document repository. This study is not NIH affiliated.
  • #320 by ICIdaho on 27 Aug 2021

The article was published in the open access, and pay to publish, PLOS One, rather than a publication specifically dedicated to the field of medicine, such as the Journal of the American Medical Society or the New England Journal of Medicine.

This does not mean that the results are bad. PLOS One is a way to get results in print, which then makes them referenceable for future publications.

The study described in the abstract is very limited in scope. It was published in February. It seems that there would be more in the literature by now if there was such a dramatic decrease in infections in India.

Keep in mind that the NIH label in PubMed and the url is because NIH hosts the document repository. This study is not NIH affiliated.

It must have some merit.  Tokyo Medical Association has just recommended all doctors start using Ivermectin to treat COVID.  Apparently is has been used in Africa.  They sited study results for deaths for African nations using it were 2.2/100k, vs. African nations not using it were at 29.2/100k when announcing.

There is a lot of literature on the use of Ivermectin for COVID, but if you utter the words around social or main stream media, you are canceled and blacked out.  Again, the following link is just information, I am not claiming anything about the benefits or how the studies were conducted.

https://c19ivermectin.com
  • #321 by Bentley on 27 Aug 2021
  • I can understand if someone wants to uses it who does not have access to the 3 major vaccines in the US, but if you are going to be vaccinated, why not go with one of those?  This stuff has not shown as much benefit as the 3 to the best of my knowledge.

It is this mind set that I do not understand, if you don't want a vaccine great.  But it is as if these people are saying the Left wants me to take one of the 3...so I will not.  I will take a Rx that was intended for animals...Sounds like me back when I was using. 

Its to help horse's joints?  Ahh, give me some anyway, I wanna start the game this Saturday!
  • #322 by Hank D Thoreau on 27 Aug 2021
  • That ivermectin link is to an FLCCC Alliance site pushing ivermectin. It would be better to see something from a source less out in the fringe. This shows how easy it is to make something look better than it is on the world wide web.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• #323 by okie smokie on 27 Aug 2021
  • I can understand if someone wants to uses it who does not have access to the 3 major vaccines in the US, but if you are going to be vaccinated, why not go with one of those?  This stuff has not shown as much benefit as the 3 to the best of my knowledge.

It is this mind set that I do not understand, if you don't want a vaccine great.  But it is as if these people are saying the Left wants me to take one of the 3...so I will not.  I will take a Rx that was intended for animals...Sounds like me back when I was using. 

Its to help horse's joints?  Ahh, give me some anyway, I wanna start the game this Saturday!
    j
    Actually, it has been used to treat parasitic intestinal worms for both humans and animals for over 30 years.  3 or 4 Billion (yes Billion) doses used. Minor side effects mostly in those with worms (due to the dead worms breaking down in the body?). All the hubbub over veterinary version is not because it is not proven in humans. It is because the veterinary versions are not produced for human consumption. i.e. you should not take veterinary penicillin for that reason. Probably would not hurt you at all but not produced to the same standards as human meds. Only reason the vet thing came up was because people who wanted it early could not get their docs to prescribe it for CV.  AMA and CDC, and NIH would not clear it for that use. Docs afraid they would be cancelled. Since it is oral, I doubt the vet version would have any side effects for humans. Safe dosing is accomplished by weight of patient, horse, or human. It  is what you have been giving your dogs for worms for the last 30-40 years. Has been approved for humans since 1988.  For intestinal parasites, scabies, head lice etc. Its antiviral effects have been noted in recent years but not with approvals as yet. The Japanese doctor who developed it won a Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2015 for worldwide success for treating the diseases it was made for. Those diseases killed a lot of folks and animals before Ivermectin.

Note: My wife and I took doses of it when we could not get vaccinated, both because of our ages and medical conditions made us targets for a bad result from CV.
    My wife reported a mild headache the night after, but I had zero side effects. I felt that its use fit with the Hippocratic Oath "First do no harm" as it is a proven safe drug.  The two doses we each took lasted several weeks and we would have repeated that monthly if we had not gotten vaccinated. My doctor prescribed it after the NIH gave it approval for "off schedule" use. If either of us gets the Delta CV before we get our "Booster", we will take it again. Currently, most of the proper studies have not shown it to be much help in patients already hospitalized with serious disease. But!!! as a prophylactic given to people at high risk, it has shown a dramatic reduction in CV in those people.  The studies are still underway so there is more to come.  Sorry for being long winded, but I thought this info was of some value.
  • #324 by okie smokie on 27 Aug 2021
  • That ivermectin link is to an FLCCC Alliance site pushing ivermectin. It would be better to see something from a source less out in the fringe. This shows how easy it is to make something look better than it is on the world wide web.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Hi Hank,  The FLCCC group is made up of respectable doctors who actually treat Infectious Diseases and have been in the trenches with CV since it started.  As a group, they have published over a thousands of research studies on other subjects.While they seemed to be over zealous in their support of ivermectin, it is because the first large study turned out to be falsely presented. It was removed by it's authors and pulled off the web recently.  The large number of smaller and peer reviewed studies are coming in and show that the drug is not very helpful in patients hospitalized with serious disease. However, those studies in which it was used as a prophylactic for both volunteers and hospital workers, have shown it to be a dramatic reducer of new CV cases in those taking it. More big studies are on the way, and it appears that prophylaxis is the big thing for ivermectin.  See my note above: 
  • #325 by BigDave83 on 27 Aug 2021
  • I don't know much about it, but if like Bentley said it is to help horses joints I would take a few doses if it would help my knees.
  • #326 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Aug 2021
  • To my knowledge, Okie is the only doctor I know on this site, so I am going to trust his judgement.

However, I find Bentley's thoughts interesting as I was having the same thought.

The government medical agencies that approve drugs for specific uses are in place for a reason same as unions are in place for certain reasons.  People working in those agencies have been there for 20-30 years and have been through multiple presidencies under multiple parties.  I don't think they let the political party influence their ultimate decisions.  Why wouldn't you trust their work?

I couldn't walk around living my life it I felt that there were these huge conspiracy theories that people are spouting all over the place on both side of the political spectrum.  Living with all of that anger surely can't be good for your body let alone your mind.
  • #327 by reubenray on 28 Aug 2021
  • I don't know much about it, but if like Bentley said it is to help horses joints I would take a few doses if it would help my knees.

Ditto on my knees and shoulders.
  • #328 by pmillen on 28 Aug 2021
  • Its to help horse's joints?  Ahh, give me some anyway, I wanna start the game this Saturday!

Ah, yes, DMSO.  It was in a lot of the locker rooms of my youth.

It's a by-product of paper making and was often sold as a paint remover—then repurposed.
  • #329 by Bentley on 28 Aug 2021
  • Paul has referenced what I was referring to.  I should have been more clear what I was referring to.  DMSO, boy howdy.  I jumped over a fence on a Monday when I was playing football for Fresno City Collège.  I landed on a 4 x 4 and destroyed both my ankles, had to crawl back to the house.  Worse sprain's I had ever known, and by far the most pain I had ever experienced in my life.  They started rubbing DMSO on them Tuesday, by Thursday I was back on the filed and Saturday played!

• #330 by JoeGrilling on 28 Aug 2021
  • Its to help horse's joints?  Ahh, give me some anyway, I wanna start the game this Saturday!

Ah, yes, DMSO.  It was in a lot of the locker rooms of my youth.

It's a by-product of paper making and was often sold as a paint remover—then repurposed.
    Wow. I haven't heard about DMSO since the 70's or 80's.  That sure died out fairly quickly.  Both of my knees will be replaced in the next in the next six month.  I have been getting along on good old fashion cortisone shots every three month to keep on walking and working around the house.  The shots only go so far so I decided to get my knees replaced. 

I had a chuckle on ivermectin a few months back.  We found out our dog could have issues with it.  My daughter really likes Embark Vet's DNA test.  She uses it for breed reveal parties with her shelter dogs.  She sent me a kit for my collie several months back and they determined he was a collie.  Go figure.  They also found he carries a gene that could make him have an adverse reaction to ivermectin. 
Pages:
Actions