Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22429 times)

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »

My FIL used DMSO for years.  He had to have a knee replaced in the 70s after a bull he tried to ride came down it after he got bucked off.  It is now called MSM I think.  You can get MSM/Glucosamine tablets for joint pain.  I have taken them for years.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »

That ivermectin link is to an FLCCC Alliance site pushing ivermectin. It would be better to see something from a source less out in the fringe. This shows how easy it is to make something look better than it is on the world wide web.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Does a group that compiles information from studies, done by others, about one potential therapeutic, make those studies and that information less valid? They have sites for Budesonide, HCQ, Remdesivir etc too.  I am not sure I understand how pulling all the studies into one site negates the the findings of the study.  Because of the statistics coming out of the UK, and Israel, I am all for trying "fringe" to help, the traditional is getting whooped by Delta.  Consensus in science creates tunnel vision and doubling down on failure.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2021, 07:20:10 PM »

After doing more research and absorbing data over the last 4 months I decided it was the correct move. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:44:32 AM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2021, 07:44:50 PM »

Glad to hear it Bentley. I think you made a good choice.  :clap:
FE PG 1000

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2021, 07:54:21 PM »

Good deal Bentley.  More and more people are giving in and getting the shots.  Arkansas is one of the worse states right now, but more are getting the shots.  The small local Bella Vista Fire Department is giving them just about weekly at different locations.  My brother got his J&J shot at the local Allen's Market by the BVFD.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2021, 08:49:33 PM »

Not sure it is a matter of "giving in".  I wanted to see if the shot was effective in doing what it was intend for.  For me, that had to happen over time.  I found for the most part it was, and that is why I took it.  I was not an anti-vaxer, nor was I compelled to be the 1st in line!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:58:29 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2021, 09:42:18 PM »

I would have gladly been first in line.  Heck, I would have been one of the test victims! ;D

ICIdaho

« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2021, 11:01:00 PM »

I do not know if congrats is the word, but I believe based on the current data, it was a sound decision....soooo :clap:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2021, 01:29:29 AM »

It seems like you felt it was the right decision for you, and I guess that is all that matters since there were no laws that required that you got the vaccine.

Based on your card, you are 10 years and 3 days older than me.  Always nice to find another Libra in this universe!

MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2021, 08:05:35 AM »

Same exact thoughts. I was however STRONGLY encouraged a few times from my Cardiologist.
Very close on every date as well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:08:17 AM by yorkdude »

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2021, 01:49:42 PM »

My FIL used DMSO for years.  It is now called MSM I think.

Hmmm, maybe.

DMSO is dimethyl sulfoxide.  MSM is methyl sulfonylmethane, so they look similar but different to me.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2021, 08:37:53 AM »

My FIL used DMSO for years.  It is now called MSM I think.

Hmmm, maybe.

DMSO is dimethyl sulfoxide.  MSM is methyl sulfonylmethane, so they look similar but different to me.

Thanks Paul.  I wondered what the difference is.  And after thinking about it, my FIL must've gotten hurt in the 50s or early 60s because he would have been too old to be riding bulls in the 70s.  That's a young mans thing to do.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

JoeGrilling

« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »

Not sure it is a matter of "giving in".  I wanted to see if the shot was effective in doing what it was intend for.  For me, that had to happen over time.  I found for the most part it was, and that is why I took it.  I was not an anti-vaxer, nor was I compelled to be the 1st in line!

I am glad you finally convinced yourself that this was the way to go.  My family and my brother's family got the vaccine as early as possible.  However, our concerns were not so much with the effectiveness but with unknown rare side effects. 
No medical procedure is without risk.  I know this better than most folks.  In my 30's, I had a burst appendix.  Prior to surgery the anesthesiologist had me sign a form acknowledging that in a few cases people have had bad reactions to anesthesia but these cases are very very rare. My parents had multiple surgeries and never had a problem so I felt it was ok.  The anesthesiologist gave me a shot of succinylcholine and I was knocked out.  About 15 minutes later I woke up on the operating table just as the surgeon was closing me.  The surgeon later told me that anesthesiologist wanted to stop the surgery but he felt the appendix needed to come out or the end result would not have been good.  My anesthesiologist told me that I have a genetic condition called malignant hyperthermia.  He was retiring in a month and it was the first time he had seen it.  As it turns out, I went to one of the few hospitals in the SF Bay Area that had dantrolene needed to counteract the effects of anesthesia in the surgery crash cart.  I felt very lucky.         

dk117

« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »

After doing more research and absorbing data over the last 4 months I decided it was the correct move. 

we've been little more than internet acquaintances for over a decade.  But this made me very happy.
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

ICIdaho

« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »

I am glad you finally convinced yourself that this was the way to go.  My family and my brother's family got the vaccine as early as possible.  However, our concerns were not so much with the effectiveness but with unknown rare side effects. 
No medical procedure is without risk.  I know this better than most folks.  In my 30's, I had a burst appendix.  Prior to surgery the anesthesiologist had me sign a form acknowledging that in a few cases people have had bad reactions to anesthesia but these cases are very very rare. My parents had multiple surgeries and never had a problem so I felt it was ok.  The anesthesiologist gave me a shot of succinylcholine and I was knocked out.  About 15 minutes later I woke up on the operating table just as the surgeon was closing me.  The surgeon later told me that anesthesiologist wanted to stop the surgery but he felt the appendix needed to come out or the end result would not have been good.  My anesthesiologist told me that I have a genetic condition called malignant hyperthermia.  He was retiring in a month and it was the first time he had seen it.  As it turns out, I went to one of the few hospitals in the SF Bay Area that had dantrolene needed to counteract the effects of anesthesia in the surgery crash cart.  I felt very lucky.         

You sound like you got lucky on two counts, 15 minutes sounds quick.  My appendix ruptured on my 42 birthday...or at least that was when I went in.  I was in surgery for an hour and a half to remove the appendix and clean me out.  4 days later I was released from the hospital, the nurse told me they expected to keep me for 2 weeks.  Apparently, you should not let things go that long, sepsis is serious.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:21:28 PM by ICIdaho »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up