Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22431 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2021, 04:01:51 PM »

You guys may want to consider removing the images of your cards.  Apparently, it is not recommended to have them posted publicly as there are folks out there who take the information and create counterfeit cards.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »

You guys may want to consider removing the images of your cards.  Apparently, it is not recommended to have them posted publicly as there are folks out there who take the information and create counterfeit cards.

I understand what you are saying Lew, but I think that boat left the dock six months ago.  I bet fake cards are circulating, and have been circulating, all over the world for months.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2021, 04:48:04 PM »

Trust me when I say they are out there, they are very easy to find and you would have a lot better image then here!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2021, 05:44:46 PM »

I truly appreciate your concern, having said that though, it appears it won’t be long (best I can tell) until you put your proof (vac card) into a scanner and then enter your payment method.
Fake cards are indeed readily available and will be more lucrative than a fake i.d. back in the good ole days.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #349 on: August 30, 2021, 07:57:06 PM »

Not sure it is a matter of "giving in".  I wanted to see if the shot was effective in doing what it was intend for.  For me, that had to happen over time.  I found for the most part it was, and that is why I took it.  I was not an anti-vaxer, nor was I compelled to be the 1st in line!

I am glad you finally convinced yourself that this was the way to go.  My family and my brother's family got the vaccine as early as possible.  However, our concerns were not so much with the effectiveness but with unknown rare side effects. 
No medical procedure is without risk.  I know this better than most folks.  In my 30's, I had a burst appendix.  Prior to surgery the anesthesiologist had me sign a form acknowledging that in a few cases people have had bad reactions to anesthesia but these cases are very very rare. My parents had multiple surgeries and never had a problem so I felt it was ok.  The anesthesiologist gave me a shot of succinylcholine and I was knocked out.  About 15 minutes later I woke up on the operating table just as the surgeon was closing me.  The surgeon later told me that anesthesiologist wanted to stop the surgery but he felt the appendix needed to come out or the end result would not have been good.  My anesthesiologist told me that I have a genetic condition called malignant hyperthermia.  He was retiring in a month and it was the first time he had seen it.  As it turns out, I went to one of the few hospitals in the SF Bay Area that had dantrolene needed to counteract the effects of anesthesia in the surgery crash cart.  I felt very lucky.         

You sound like you got lucky on two counts, 15 minutes sounds quick.  My appendix ruptured on my 42 birthday...or at least that was when I went in.  I was in surgery for an hour and a half to remove the appendix and clean me out.  4 days later I was released from the hospital, the nurse told me they expected to keep me for 2 weeks.  Apparently, you should not let things go that long, sepsis is serious.
My surgeon told me the same thing.  He didn't have time to clean me out.  He gave me strong antibiotics and had me wrapped in a refrigerated rubber blanket at 50F in the ICU for five days.  I also had a drain tube hanging out of my gut.  The surgeon said he believed the malignant hyperthermia episode was over shortly after surgery and my existing fever was due to infection. Apparently, I hit 106F during surgery and was at 103F upon entering the ICU. He kept me in the regular part of the hospital for another five days until he was sure the infection was knocked out.  I felt like a Smithsonian exhibit while in the ICU.  The hospital put a bookcase at the foot of my bed with books with bookmarks describing my condition.  They cycled medical students through to view my case.   

ICIdaho

« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »

Not sure it is a matter of "giving in".  I wanted to see if the shot was effective in doing what it was intend for.  For me, that had to happen over time.  I found for the most part it was, and that is why I took it.  I was not an anti-vaxer, nor was I compelled to be the 1st in line!

I am glad you finally convinced yourself that this was the way to go.  My family and my brother's family got the vaccine as early as possible.  However, our concerns were not so much with the effectiveness but with unknown rare side effects. 
No medical procedure is without risk.  I know this better than most folks.  In my 30's, I had a burst appendix.  Prior to surgery the anesthesiologist had me sign a form acknowledging that in a few cases people have had bad reactions to anesthesia but these cases are very very rare. My parents had multiple surgeries and never had a problem so I felt it was ok.  The anesthesiologist gave me a shot of succinylcholine and I was knocked out.  About 15 minutes later I woke up on the operating table just as the surgeon was closing me.  The surgeon later told me that anesthesiologist wanted to stop the surgery but he felt the appendix needed to come out or the end result would not have been good.  My anesthesiologist told me that I have a genetic condition called malignant hyperthermia.  He was retiring in a month and it was the first time he had seen it.  As it turns out, I went to one of the few hospitals in the SF Bay Area that had dantrolene needed to counteract the effects of anesthesia in the surgery crash cart.  I felt very lucky.         

You sound like you got lucky on two counts, 15 minutes sounds quick.  My appendix ruptured on my 42 birthday...or at least that was when I went in.  I was in surgery for an hour and a half to remove the appendix and clean me out.  4 days later I was released from the hospital, the nurse told me they expected to keep me for 2 weeks.  Apparently, you should not let things go that long, sepsis is serious.
My surgeon told me the same thing.  He didn't have time to clean me out.  He gave me strong antibiotics and had me wrapped in a refrigerated rubber blanket at 50F in the ICU for five days.  I also had a drain tube hanging out of my gut.  The surgeon said he believed the malignant hyperthermia episode was over shortly after surgery and my existing fever was due to infection. Apparently, I hit 106F during surgery and was at 103F upon entering the ICU. He kept me in the regular part of the hospital for another five days until he was sure the infection was knocked out.  I felt like a Smithsonian exhibit while in the ICU.  The hospital put a bookcase at the foot of my bed with books with bookmarks describing my condition.  They cycled medical students through to view my case.

None of that sounds like fun and rather cold.  I forgot about the drain tube.  They pulled mine out right before releasing me.  What an ugly feeling when that was pulled, wide awake, it was like a hot knife moving on the inside and exiting my lower stomach.  I am just glad I had a turbo immune response and released early.  4 days was a small fortune!

JoeGrilling

« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2021, 08:13:44 PM »

I ran across this recent large CDC study on the effectiveness of being vaccinated that did not get much fanfare in the media:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm?s_cid=mm7037e1_w#T1_down

This report contains empirical data versus best educated guesses by doctors.  It covers April 4 - June 19 and June 20 - July 17 2021 in 13 different healthcare regions.  The June 20 - July 17 covers the time when the delta variant became the most prevalent strain.  The tables at the end of the report breaks down the data by age groups.

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2021, 07:56:38 PM »

I got my booster- 3rd shot today.  I'll get my 4th when it's available.  Everbody is just a big baby. I'd rather die trying to live then wait and die not trying.
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #353 on: October 25, 2021, 08:23:19 PM »

Making an appointment for our boost shots tomorrow (if I remember).
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

WiPelletHead

• Mondovi WI
« Reply #354 on: October 25, 2021, 08:30:58 PM »

I got my booster- 3rd shot today.  I'll get my 4th when it's available.  Everbody is just a big baby. I'd rather die trying to live then wait and die not trying.

I agree with you. I got my booster shot on the 14th. (Pfizer) And when they tell me I should get one again I will be ready for it.
FE PG 1000

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #355 on: October 25, 2021, 09:06:04 PM »

I am where near a medical professional. But it really puzzles me that there is a vaccine for something and then with in 6 months, Hey come get your booster shots, to me that tells me it isn't as effective as what they want me to believe. 

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #356 on: October 25, 2021, 09:42:02 PM »

I am where near a medical professional. But it really puzzles me that there is a vaccine for something and then with in 6 months, Hey come get your booster shots, to me that tells me it isn't as effective as what they want me to believe.

I am not sure I understand your comment. I think it was pretty clear from the start that boosters would be needed if we were unable to eradicate the virus through herd immunity.

We may have to get yearly vaccinations. This is revolutionary technology. The first gas powered airplane flight lasted 12 seconds and travelled 120 feet. We can hope that as this technology is further refined that longer lasting vaccines can be developed.

This is subject to constraints of the immune system and properties of the evolving virus.

In the meantime, I am more than happy with my vast statically reduced chance of hospitalization and death. I got my booster on Saturday.

It seems like there are people that don't want to see the vaccine work. That is something I don't understand.

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2021, 10:09:48 PM »

Judge,  I rest my case.
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2021, 10:18:59 PM »

I think 2 will be enough for me! Or at least until I am forced by society/government to take another!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #359 on: October 25, 2021, 11:11:32 PM »

Judge,  I rest my case.

You realize that resting your case just means you have run out of arguments to make.

Quod erat demonstrandum
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:49:43 AM by Hank D Thoreau »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up