Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22410 times)

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2021, 12:43:48 AM »

yup
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2021, 06:49:30 AM »

My wife and I both got the J&J shot back in April.  With the booster approvals being in the news will we be notified about getting it or do we just sign up to get it?  I am 70 and she is 65 so we fit the criteria for getting the booster.   Also is the booster the same as the original shot?
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2021, 07:44:51 AM »

My wife and I both got the J&J shot back in April.  With the booster approvals being in the news will we be notified about getting it or do we just sign up to get it?  I am 70 and she is 65 so we fit the criteria for getting the booster.   Also is the booster the same as the original shot?

I got my vaccinations from our county health department. Did not get a notification for the booster but they put it on their Facebook when it was available. They ran a number of clinics and I just walked in when it was close to me. A lot of pharmacies are giving them also. Just need to find one that has the vaccine that you want. I believe the J&J booster is the same as the first shot.
FE PG 1000

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2021, 08:09:22 AM »

You should be able to just go to Walmart with your vax cards and get the booster.  Govt has approved mix and match vaccines.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2021, 08:29:33 AM »

I am where near a medical professional. But it really puzzles me that there is a vaccine for something and then with in 6 months, Hey come get your booster shots, to me that tells me it isn't as effective as what they want me to believe.

I am not sure I understand your comment. I think it was pretty clear from the start that boosters would be needed if we were unable to eradicate the virus through herd immunity.

We may have to get yearly vaccinations. This is revolutionary technology. The first gas powered airplane flight lasted 12 seconds and travelled 120 feet. We can hope that as this technology is further refined that longer lasting vaccines can be developed.

This is subject to constraints of the immune system and properties of the evolving virus.

In the meantime, I am more than happy with my vast statically reduced chance of hospitalization and death. I got my booster on Saturday.

It seems like there are people that don't want to see the vaccine work. That is something I don't understand.

Vaccines and airplanes are no where near the same categories to me. I had vaccines when I was young, the ones I needed for school back around 1971. I apparently didn't want them then as I remember Woman telling the story of how her and the nurses chased me around the room until they pinned me under the Dr.'s desk. Woman told them this was as good a place as any. But I do not remember having to go back for booster shots. Many compare it with the flu shot, but they are not the same flu changes year to year it is usually billed as a Shot not a Vaccine so it makes sense that yearly shots are needed even if they are out dated by the time you get them. A vaccine to me is something I get that means I will be safe from getting whatever disease, but in the case of covid that isn't the way it is. Get vaccinated and you still need to take the same precautions you had to do before they put the needles in and you can still get the illness. Well if I can still get it what did the shot do for me? Yes even my Dr. says it will help make the illness less in severe, but you can still get it.

I spoke with him about it at my last appointment he thinks it is good but also said it is the people's choice. He told me that he had read all 3 of the case studies cover to cover and he felt that they were accurate and that is what made him choose to get his and recommend them. His feeling is that the way the virus works and mutates the vaccine should work for the mutations as the changes in it are small, when compared to the changes in the flu from year to year.

I am not one that wants it to fail, and I really don't think that there are people out there that want that. I do think there are people that are unsure of it and are up in the air on whether they will or will not get one. Then there are people that say they will never get one. No matter what I think that it being forced upon people by the government and some employers is absolutely wrong. Cases are still going up in areas, and it is blamed on the non vaccinated, but even the vaccinated can spread and get it it so it seems false to lay blame at the feet of either category of people. I am not sure how herd immunity can happen if it is not allowed to happen.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »

We got boosters in the administration of our childhood vaccinations. That is how booster became part of our lexicon. They used to line us up at school and administer our booster shots. Nobody really cared for booster days.

I am not sure which childhood vaccines require boosters today. There are still some adult vaccinations that require boosters. I just got my second pneumonia vaccine. I will need a booster in 5 years.

Tetanus also requires booster, though every 10 years.

As far as folks that want the vaccine to fail, remember that attendees at CPAC cheered when it was announced that the Biden vaccination goal was missed. You can do your own search on that. It was big news at the time.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:09:33 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

Chris__M

• Food Adventure
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »

We become eligible for boosters, here in the UK, 6 months after our second vaccine shot.

Mine was in May, so about a month still to go for me.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2021, 02:50:23 PM »

I have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer since mid March. I plan on getting my booster next week while I am off from work.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

scdaf

• Using less gas.
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2021, 03:08:11 PM »

Wife and I got boosted yesterday.  Could have gotten it at our nearby Safeway pharmacy.  Chose instead to  drive a ways to get the jab in a drive-through.  Got all three shots that way, no room full of people you don't know, just roll down the windows in the car.

GatorDave

« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2021, 03:46:21 PM »

I am where near a medical professional. But it really puzzles me that there is a vaccine for something and then with in 6 months, Hey come get your booster shots, to me that tells me it isn't as effective as what they want me to believe.

Judge,  I rest my case.

You realize that resting your case just means you have run out of arguments to make.

Quod erat demonstrandum

"Quod erat demonstrandum"

I love how you end your post with what is essentially I rest my case...lol

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2021, 08:47:30 PM »

Judge,  I rest my case.

You realize that resting your case just means you have run out of arguments to make.

Quod erat demonstrandum

"Quod erat demonstrandum"

I love how you end your post with what is essentially I rest my case...lol
Nice catch.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »

Yes, but as every attorney will tell you, resting your case is only the first step. Then the jury -- or judge if a bench trial -- decides the issue.  And then it goes up on numerous appeals. :pig:

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2021, 10:17:33 PM »

There is a big difference between the meaning of Quod erat demonstrandum, aka QED, and resting one's case.

QED means "what was to be shown". It is used to demonstrate the successful conclusion of a mathematical proof.

Resting a case is not a successful conclusion of proof. As Kristin points out, it is only a step on the process.

Even a guilty verdict is not a proof of fact since the standard of proof, in the case of law, is beyond a reasonable doubt.

You would not conclude a jury verdict with QED. A jury verdict is not mathematically rigorous.

That said, my use of the term was to suggest that perhaps QED was the intent of the poster, rather than resting of case.

Resting of case though was more appropriate since nothing was actually proven.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #373 on: October 30, 2021, 02:33:18 AM »

The last time I heard of QED was in my 10th grade Geometry class which was about almost 40 years ago
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #374 on: November 05, 2021, 01:39:06 PM »

Got my booster today :cool:
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up