Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22383 times)

scdaf

• Using less gas.
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2021, 04:58:52 PM »

[.
[/quote]

The news does like to create, but I did hear this from Biden in a speech, so I'm confident this wasn't fake news.  He was saying he would release it all rather than hold it back like the current administration.
[/quote]

The current admin released all the doses several days ago, after Dr. Fauchi told them it looked like manufacturing was going well enough to do so.  Nobody has told the incoming prez, apparently.

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2021, 06:10:28 PM »

Got my first shot Friday, I'll schedule my second one this Tuesday for Feb. 5th. Once I have the second one, I'll continue to social distance and wear a mask but won't be as hesitant to leave the house or visit a restaurant.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »

Got my first shot Friday, I'll schedule my second one this Tuesday for Feb. 5th. Once I have the second one, I'll continue to social distance and wear a mask but won't be as hesitant to leave the house or visit a restaurant.
I'm getting reports of many of my friends (old folks) are getting or are lined up for the first in series.  Credit is a moot point now IMO. I'm 10 days post shot #1 but still masking and distancing.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 06:13:16 PM »

I figured I would probably be in one of the very last groups of people to receive the vaccine. Where I live there is a huge waiting list of people that have applied for it versus the number of available doses.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a nursing home that I volunteer with. They said they are vaccinating their staff and patients next week. They also had enough doses that they could offer the shots to their volunteers. So it looks like I will get one on Tuesday. I did wonder if I was "cutting in line" in front of others who may be more in need. If it was just about me I would wait. However, given the number of vulnerable people that I come into regular contact with, I do think that getting vaccinated will give me (and the folks that I meet with) a bit more peace of mind.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2021, 06:29:35 PM »

I qualify to get the vaccine now in PA due to being super obese via BMI calculations.  I have decided right now to wait a bit until others that may need it more than I think I do get theirs.  That may change in a few weeks as I want to travel in early April so I would like to get both shots by then.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »

Tuesday morning, both my wife and I were able to schedule our shots on 2/9, my second one and her first one. By Wednesday morning, there were no more slots open in February. AZ has opened several mega facilities but there is just not enough vaccine to meet the demand.   :(

--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2021, 06:36:19 PM »

AZ has opened several mega facilities but there is just not enough vaccine to meet the demand.   :(

Apparently, PA is getting to be in a similar situation with many more places opening up to get the shots, but limited supply available.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

okie smokie

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2021, 07:37:58 PM »

Visited today with half a dozen of my golf friends.  All but one have had the first shot and have appointments for the second. Some Pfizer and some Moderna.  With the soon to be released J&J vaccine, we should be well on the way to national control in the next few months.  Thanks to all that have helped make it happen and I mean all.  Beginning to see a decline in the high numbers of new cases and deaths here in Oklahoma (hope this is a true trend). For those of you who cannot or will not take the vaccine, ask your doctors about Ivermectin to use as prophylaxis. This one is a winner.  Old drug, new use. Very safe profile. Over a million doses a day worldwide, and billions of doses in the past 40 years. (for worms and intestinal parasites). And cheap. You only take two doses for the first month and then one dose a month later for a coverage of 60 days. Long term use has not yet been advised, but the NIH has agreed that it is a safe drug and the studies are very positive for prophylaxis and for all stages of the disease. Less cases, shorter hospital stays, less deaths. Almost all the side effects listed do not have percentages listed, which means that they are less than 1%. (the rule on drug studies is that ALL side effects reported must be listed, But % are not required below 1%) So even if someone says it made my left ear turn green, that should be reported, but with no percentage listed unless there were enough of this complaint to exceed 1% of the whole test group. Please know that some of the less that 1% complaints may be neurotic in origin or coincidental.Please forgive me if I am repeating what you already know. Things are looking up!

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 07:05:13 AM »

Alabama is still following the 75+ age restriction where neighboring states are following the 65+ restrictions.  I am 69, so no shot for me yet and at the rate Alabama is going it will be months before I get one.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »

Apparently NM is not following the guidelines that "they" set.
A friend of ours, in her 50's, has gotten the shot already.
Wife and I are registered and both over 70 (the 2nd group) and have not gotten it.

She's a Realtor, so doesn't fall in any special classification.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

urnmor

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »

Unfortunately there is no common strategy on how this vaccine should be delivered.  It appears each state, county city are implementing as they see fit and not necessarily in the interest of the citizen.  I called two different places in my county and got to totally different answers to the same question.  also in some states they are giving the vaccine to prisoners before other citizens.  the argument is they are being released into the populace. I will end here as I am very frustrated because i cannot register my wife for her shot. 

okie smokie

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

Unfortunately there is no common strategy on how this vaccine should be delivered.  It appears each state, county city are implementing as they see fit and not necessarily in the interest of the citizen.  I called two different places in my county and got to totally different answers to the same question.  also in some states they are giving the vaccine to prisoners before other citizens.  the argument is they are being released into the populace. I will end here as I am very frustrated because i cannot register my wife for her shot.
Just a "for what it is worth". A friend of mine started calling smaller cities at some distance to his home. He was told he could come to McAlester, Ok. as they had vaccine and no lines.  He went the next day and got his first shot. Another took a 3+ hr drive to a small town medical center and got his also. You might try that idea. Besides a nice road trip will break the boredom.? Best wishes.  ???

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 05:15:02 PM »

Yes, my mother in law drove about an hour plus to get her shot as the town she lives in does not have it available, but that town did so she booked an appointment.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2021, 01:26:29 AM »

Getting the vaccine is like finding a Playstation 5 for my son for Christmas.  I'm 65+ in the SF bay area.  I saw my health provider system opened up appointments for the vaccine this week.  The only catch was that appointments were only available in Palo Alto and San Jose.  I live in the East Bay.  Ok so I got an appointment for 2/25/2021 in San Jose.  Today, my brother-in-law scored an appointment in my town for 2/5/2021.  He lives in San Jose.  He couldn't get one there.  I figured they just opened my area so my original appointment was cancelled and got one in my area for 2/8/2021.

You may wonder why I am so intense about this.  There are a number of people in my neighborhood that walk their dogs during the day.  Almost everyday I run into two elderly women that are walking companions.  They live with their children in the neighborhood.  Today, one of the two walked up to me and announced her friend had passed from Covid a few weeks ago.  She lived on the next block over from me.  Covid got very real for me today. 

okie smokie

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2021, 11:28:49 AM »

Who has received the 2nd dose?  Side effects?  Usually a second dose will cause more side effects, i.e. fever, chills, sore arm, headache. Pretty normal to expect for many people, while many also will have no significant change.  Any of you have info on your second shot? I get mine tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up