Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Has Received the Vaccine?  (Read 22430 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: Who Has Received the Vaccine?
« Reply #375 on: November 05, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »

Got my booster today :cool:

which booster did you receive and please let us know if you have any side affects

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #376 on: November 05, 2021, 02:13:47 PM »

We got our Pfizer booster about 2 weeks ago.
No side effects except the usual sore arm.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2021, 02:28:34 PM »

I read today that Pfizer has a pill that fights/cures severe covid-19 89% of the time. It is now being reviewed by CDC/FDA
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »

Got my booster today :cool:

which booster did you receive and please let us know if you have any side affects

I got the Pfizer booster, so far so good.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »

Well, I thought I had those super genes, but Covid got me.  Had light chills very early Weds morning, woke up at 2 and got on and off sleep till 8.  Got up, went about business as usual, a little sore, but had just poured concrete, so not unusual.  Started to run fever that afternoon, very slight at 1st, got up to 102°, but even that was off and on only about 12 hours. I do not get sick or run fevers, so figured I better report to my NP for direction.  They set up a video call for Thurs morning and a swab that afternoon.  Wed to Thurs sleep was not normal, a general malaise is about the only way to describe it.  My patella's hurt, can you imagine that?

So I wake up this morning and things are going back to normal, the cough was the worst thing, one of those choughs where it makes your ribs sore. Other then just a little lingering of the cough, I feel normal.  NP calls and tells me I was positive for Covid.  Oh well, it is what it is. An unpleasant 36 hours, but I have had worse.  8 more days of quarantine.  I was able to go out and finish the last of the concrete this morning, so all in all, I guess I am OK.

I figured I would share this.  I realize that every person is an individual, and that effects would be different for everyone.  But since I think the Medical Profession would think I am the Poster Child for Covid death, wanted folks to know how it effected me.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2021, 03:09:48 PM »

I hope you are back to normal very soon.

MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2021, 03:20:10 PM »

I fell like I am 85% now.  The reason I shared it, I guess I hope it might let others know who might be concerned how it might effect them. I realize that every person is an individual, and how it might effect each individual would be different for everyone.  But most of you know me, you know the shape I am in and I made it, with very little discomfort!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2021, 03:20:21 PM »

Glad that you were able to beat it. An Unvaccinated acquaintance in the NW came down sick the other day and died yesterday from Covid. Take care of yourself.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2021, 03:49:19 PM »

I read an article today on folks who have been fully vaccinated and then get a break through case like Bent and they are saying they now have "super-immunity"  -- anywhere from 1000% to 2000% more antigens/antibodies/anti-whatever the medical term is-- than a person who is just vaccinated.  So guess that is the upside!

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »

I read an article today on folks who have been fully vaccinated and then get a break through case like Bent and they are saying they now have "super-immunity"  -- anywhere from 1000% to 2000% more antigens/antibodies/anti-whatever the medical term is-- than a person who is just vaccinated.  So guess that is the upside!

Glad he is getting back to normal quickly, hope it didn't get you also.

reading your post makes one thing they should ask all of the vaccinated if they want to be given  some of the disease to make them better yet.

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2021, 04:55:00 PM »

My wife is still recovering from getting her booster shot over 5 weeks ago.  The day after the shot she passed out and hit her head on the floor.  We figured she had a concussion so I watched her for that.  But she kept having bad dizzy spells that I had to walk with her most days.  About a week ago she went to her doctor and he diagnosed her as having directional vertigo caused by the blow to the floor.  This jarred something loose in her ear.
 Several times all I could do was hold on to her while her world spun around her.  She could not bend over at all without having a spell.  She is feeling better now, but she will never take another shot again.  She got very sick after the J&J and the Pfizer booster.  Her doctor agrees with her.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »

I didn't think you were supposed to mix the vaccines.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

dk117

« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »

Pfizer booster here.  Sore arm for 4 days, that's it.  So far so good.  (three weeks ago today)

I too read the super-immunity pieces.   I'd bet we'll all be in the same boat of breakthrough infection and immunity by Spring.  It just seems inevitable at this point and we'll declare an epidemic vs pandemic and move on with life with assumed risk.

DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »

I didn't think you were supposed to mix the vaccines.

My first two were Moderna, my booster was Pfizer. The pharmacist said it was ok to mix and match those two.

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2021, 06:32:42 PM »

I fell like I am 85% now.  The reason I shared it, I guess I hope it might let others know who might be concerned how it might effect them. I realize that every person is an individual, and how it might effect each individual would be different for everyone.  But most of you know me, you know the shape I am in and I made it, with very little discomfort!

Hope that it it is over.
Do you now wish that you should have gotten the shot?
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up