Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 15 Jan 2021
  • Just heard that they are getting new investors for expansion and new products?  Hope they are successful without compromises.
  • #2 by ylr on 16 Jan 2021
  • Spellcheck kick in?   :)
  • #3 by okie smokie on 17 Jan 2021
  • Spellcheck kick in?   :)
    Yup! Gonna try to turn that rascal off! 
  • #4 by lil moose on 18 Jan 2021
  • I hope they stay with the quality they have and not do what a lot of companies do.  CUT COST and  QUALITY of build but charge high prices   
  • #5 by reubenray on 18 Jan 2021
  • I would like one with a rotisserie setup.
  • #6 by okie smokie on 18 Jan 2021
  • I hope they stay with the quality they have and not do what a lot of companies do.  CUT COST and  QUALITY of build but charge high prices   
    Thats what happened to the grand daddy of them all. (I won't mention the name).  They still make a reliable pit but are priced way too high.
  • #7 by grilltreats on 19 Jan 2021
  • You are either growing or headed out the door.  There is no middle ground in business.  That said, I am afraid they will be messing up a really good thing coming up, but maybe not.  Most usually do though, which looks like greed to the masses.  Maybe RT won't???
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 19 Jan 2021
  • If they are getting investors, all the free parts they ship out will more than likely be more scrutinized, if they want to continue doing that then prices will go up. Also hopefully they will do something with the way they are packaged, there looks like room for improvement there, I see a lot of FB posts of damaged product, yes some if due to the shipping company, but it is on RT in my opinion. If I see I am having damaged product delivered then I need to find a better shipping company or package it better.
  • #9 by okie smokie on 19 Jan 2021
  • Looks like it is going to be mutual advantage for both as the investors are Kingsford (or at least that what I am finding on another site.  Pellets and pitts should go well together. Doubt that RT will have to change its products. We shall see.
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 19 Jan 2021
  • Sad to see Kingsford in to it. Their involvement in the steakager was awful.
  • #11 by okie smokie on 19 Jan 2021
  • Sad to see Kingsford in to it. Their involvement in the steakager was awful.
    Please explain
  • #12 by lil moose on 20 Jan 2021
  • Reminds me of GM and Hummer.

Hummer made a pretty good truck for the Army then GM buys it turns a Tahoe into a H2 and then takes a Trailblazer turns it into the H3 but totally hurt the brand and basically ruined a good company.

I bought  RecTeq many years ago and it's been fantastic no complaints what's so ever. Just hope they stay on that path  :)

There are plenty of other's I good talk about but no reason to

:2cents: worth     
  • #13 by lil moose on 20 Jan 2021
  • Just looked on their site,  https://www.recteq.com/shop/pellets     Kingsford pellets now on their site as well

You can no longer buy pellets unless it's with a grill purchase.   Something smells here and it ain't good clean smoke  >:(
  • #14 by okie smokie on 20 Jan 2021
  • Needs closer scrutiny. 
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jan 2021
  • There comes a time in many privately held businesses where your business grows more than you expected and you see a lot of potential upside for future growth.  At that point, the owner has a decision to make.  Do I reinvest my net worth back into the business and risk losing a significant portion or all of it and not being able to continue to live the lifestyle that you may have been living for some period of time?  Or, do I look for an investment partner to take my personal chips off the table and still have the ability to obtain part of the upside growth?

I've been a part of acquiring companies where the owner decided they wanted to take all of their chips off the table and retire early.

I don't know the personal situation of the guy that owns Rec Tec, but I suspect this was part of several decisions he had to make.  Good for him to have the choice to be able to do that.
Pages:
Actions