Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do You Chop, Slice, Etc.  (Read 1041 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: How Do You Chop, Slice, Etc.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 07:33:11 PM »

Use a knife, since I chopped off the end of my right thumb (sewed it back on) on Christmas day 2019. That was done with the Harp style potato slicer. Feel more at home with a knife than a gadget. (PS. the potatoes were still very tasty).

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »

I have standing and walking issues also. I usually just sit down at the table and chop up what I need, usually with just  knife. I will chop extra onions and keep in a lock n lock. I will do peppers also at times if I know I will be using them in a day or two at the most, they don't keep well once cut up.

We have gone to salad mix in a bag usually.

I have a few things I will use for specific things like making homemade potato chips, or something that I want uniformity or close to it. I like my mandolin but hate cleaning it. I have one of two of the choppers pictured above also and they work great for some things. I use my apple peeler at times but I use the apple cutter you place on top and just push down and cores and slices the apple. It saves a lot of time when I make applesauce.

I usually only cook for 2 so it isn't a lot of prep work.

Find me an easy and quick way to peel Taters and I would be grateful.
Why do you peel potatoes?

Well, the people I usually cook for won't eat the peeling even if doing mashed. Me I wouldn't peel for myself, I love a good baked potato. Potato salad same thing peelings mean it won't get eaten.

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2021, 09:36:10 PM »

I have a chopper similar to what 02ebz06 from Pampered Chef., I use it mostly for minced onions and chopping nuts. It opens up and washes in dishwasher. I have a manual mandolin I use for slicing potatoes, cucumbers, etc. when I doing a few and want even slices. It as well is dishwasher safe. I have a little electric chopper like a really mini food processor I use for things like chimichurri sauce. I also have the large Cuisinart Food Processoe I’ve only used a few times because of all the cleanup. It does work well for homemade blizzards though. I would use it more if cooking bigger batches.

However, the majority of what I do is still done with a knife.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 12:32:08 PM »

For shredding and grating large amounts, we use the King Kutter. Also slices some fruits and veggies very well. Clean up takes less than a minute. I got ours on Ebay for about $40.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up