Pages:
Actions
  • #316 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Feb 2022
  • Thanks for the info.  Was just curious about it.  Not planning to buy.
    I like micro-brews and heavier beer, like Guinness,.

Guinness is a very low alcohol beer which surprised me several years ago when I saw that.  It has a heavier weight than ABV.  I am a big fan of micro brews now too.  I plan my vacations around visiting a bunch of them.
  • #317 by BigDave83 on 25 Feb 2022
  • GF wanted pizza I still have a few prebaked crusts in the back fridge.

Onions, sausage, pepperoni and yellow banana peppers. other has some garlic paste and olive oil cheese, onions banana peppers and black olives. I usually just black pepper the top before baking. Usually bake on a screen but did  a pan on one last week and the crust comes out more  some and not crunchy.

again sorry about the horrible pictures.
  • #318 by 02ebz06 on 26 Feb 2022
  • Look good Dave!
    Did you make the dough ?  Those are nice and round, a lot better than I can manage with stretching.

I'm getting my oven fired up now, today's pizza day.  Will be just pepperoni on top today.
    Takes longer to get that thing heated up in winter.

Just one topping today...

• #319 by BigDave83 on 26 Feb 2022
  • Look good Dave!
    Did you make the dough ?  Those are nice and round, a lot better than I can manage with stretching.

No my dough stretching needs a lot of work. these are some premade crusts that I had left from the birthday party.
  • #320 by Bentley on 26 Feb 2022
  • Think I will have Pizza for dinner tomorrow!
  • #321 by Bentley on 27 Feb 2022
  • Did not think through the fact I hade almost zero toppings, so a EVOO & Garlic w/onion pie.  Was more of a test on the 00 flour and this one came out well.

• #322 by BigDave83 on 27 Feb 2022
  • Nothing wrong with that combo. I like it myself.
  • #323 by yorkdude on 28 Feb 2022
  • That actually sounds good.
  • #324 by Bentley on 28 Feb 2022
  • It had no flavor.  But the dough was a success, glad I froze the other 2 balls. I really wish I had a pizza oven for color, but cant justify it with the amount of pies I cook!
  • #325 by 02ebz06 on 28 Feb 2022
  • 00 flour requires high temp to brown.  Tastes the same just doesn't have the browning.
    You can get around that by adding sugar and/or Diastatic Malt Powder to the dough to help with browning.
  • #326 by ylr on 28 Feb 2022
  • I'm guessing the Memphis is out of the question?
  • #327 by 02ebz06 on 28 Feb 2022
  • I'm guessing the Memphis is out of the question?

Memphis wouldn't get hot enough to brown 00 flour without Sugar or DMP.
    Need ~850+
  • #328 by BigDave83 on 28 Feb 2022
  • Don't know if you have a gas grill, probably not, I bought one of these off FB market place used for $50. They used it one time. It works nice in my 3 burner gas grill.

There are similar ones on Amazon also  that are cheaper, it would do maybe up to 14" pizza. Only thing is if you are thinking about it measure the depth of your grill grates to make sure it fits. I have 2 gas grills it will fit one but not the other.

https://www.amazon.com/BakerStone-Original-Outdoor-Portable-Blackstone/dp/B09N3PKTBL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=OFJE9IRZN6W3&keywords=bakerstone+pizza+oven&qid=1646091092&sprefix=bakerstone+pizza+oven%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-4
  • #329 by Bentley on 10 Mar 2022
  • Same dough as above, just in freezer for a week.  Not to bad, a much lower temperature, went Convection 425° for 20 minutes.  A mayo, garlic and tomato sauce, with Italian sausage, onions & green peppers. Cheddar/Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese.

• #330 by 02ebz06 on 10 Mar 2022
  • Looks good, got some nice browning on the crust.
Pages:
Actions