Pages:
Actions
  • #496 by 02ebz06 on 12 Feb 2023
  • Not I.  I think I made Neapolitan once, rest have all been NY style.
  • #497 by 02ebz06 on 18 Feb 2023
  • Sausage and mushroom today.

• #498 by BigDave83 on 18 Feb 2023
  • Looks great, my favorite toppings if a dew onions were on it yet.
  • #499 by yorkdude on 19 Feb 2023
  • Looks great, my favorite toppings if a dew onions were on it yet.
    I agree a few onions and bingo.
    That’s not to say I wouldn’t do some real damage to that one. :clap:
  • #500 by 02ebz06 on 19 Feb 2023
  • I like it with onions too.  Just didn't think of it.   :(
    Too much going on with planning and doing.
    Cooking a brisket point last night, Pastrami making, Jerky making this week, Costco trip, and cooking another rack of ribs this week.
  • #501 by Quadman750 on 23 Feb 2023
  • Looks great!
    Is that an Ooni pellet oven or one of the inserts for a grill ?
    It’s an off brand like an ooni
  • #502 by Bentley on 25 Feb 2023
  • All AP, not for me.  Been using 50/50 with OO.  I think I am going back to all OO.

• #503 by BigDave83 on 26 Feb 2023
  • All AP, not for me.  Been using 50/50 with OO.  I think I am going back to all OO.

It looks good from here. May I ask what you see different between the 2 flours? I have looked but only ever found 00 in a pizza crust kit, never just bags of it. I have used bread flour and I have used AP and even a mix of the two, I really couldn't tell much difference in the end product. Just curious on what I am missing or maybe not looking for in the finished pizza.
  • #504 by urnmor on 26 Feb 2023

It looks good from here. May I ask what you see different between the 2 flours? I have looked but only ever found 00 in a pizza crust kit, never just bags of it. I have used bread flour and I have used AP and even a mix of the two, I really couldn't tell much difference in the end product. Just curious on what I am missing or maybe not looking for in the finished pizza.

Following
  • #505 by Bentley on 26 Feb 2023
  • Its probably lack of dough knowledge, but in a word chewyness!
  • #506 by 02ebz06 on 26 Feb 2023
  • The one thing about 00 flour is it has a higher protein content than AP.
    Which makes it necessary to bake it at a higher temp (850+) to brown.
    50/50 AP/00 would help some with the browning some.
    Adding sugar or DMP (Diastatic Malt Powder) can help with browning if using all 00 flour.

Pizza does look good.
  • #507 by Bentley on 05 Mar 2023
  • 100% OO, about 55% hydration. Memphis Pro @ 550° for 7 minutes, 5 minutes @ 450° and 2 minutes on off!  Hot Sausage, Salami does not belong on Pizza and black olives!  Live and learn!

• #508 by BigDave83 on 05 Mar 2023
  • I thought salami was kind of like bacon it went with everything.

I would eat your salami and black olive pizza.
  • #509 by yorkdude on 06 Mar 2023
  • I thought salami was kind of like bacon it went with everything.

I would eat your salami and black olive pizza.
    That makes 2 of us, looks great.
  • #510 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2023
  • Hadn't posted any pizza pics in a while as they have all been Sausage pizza.
    Have a whole bunch of sausage I'm trying to get rid of as I am not that happy with and too cheap to throw it away.

Making an exception today as this is a new Italian spice recipe and I really like it.
    Will be using this recipe from now on, so I guess I will have to put the other sausage in eggs and pasta dishes.

Pages:
Actions