Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 28 Jan 2021
  • Tonights desert is a home made Blackberry Almond cheeses cake.The cheesecake is is a throweighteen Century when most cheesecakes included additional textures and flavors. In my crust I included crush toasted almond and cinnamon. In the custard there is a blackberry puree.

• #2 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2021
  • I see the different color on the upper left.  The puree is not folded/mixed completely before baking?  Or do the separate ingredients coalesce as it bakes?
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Jan 2021
  • That looks great.
  • #4 by urnmor on 28 Jan 2021
  • I see the different color on the upper left.  The puree is not folded/mixed completely before baking?  Or do the separate ingredients coalesce as it bakes?
    A lot has to do with how you fold it in.  I used a toothpick this time and I don’t think I did a good job with it
  • #5 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2021
  • Any chance of seeing a cut piece or a cross section of the cake cut?
  • #6 by urnmor on 29 Jan 2021
  • Any chance of seeing a cut piece or a cross section of the cake cut?

Here is a picture of a cross section and also the entree we had last night.  I SV some lamp chops and served with roasted potatoes with various herbs and glazed carrots, celery and onions. 
  • #7 by Bentley on 30 Jan 2021
  • The toothpick idea is way to cool, it looks much better the just being folded in!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jan 2021
  • can you post a thread about how you made those potatoes?
  • #9 by urnmor on 31 Jan 2021
  • can you post a thread about how you made those potatoes?

The potatoes are very easy to make.  I used russets potatoes however I do believe any type would do.  First I wash and peel.  I then used a mandolin to slice them and put them in water until I am ready to cook.  Rinse and dry off then add Olive oil ( I used EVOO) and toss with herbs and spices of your choice.  I had green onions, fresh thyme and rosemary (basically what I had in the house).  Place in an oven proof baking pan and cook at 350 to 375 until cooked thru.  then place under the broiler to finish. 
Pages:
Actions