Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Gridiron direct seer option

(1/3) > >>

keithj69:
I got the direct seer option in the other day and have been messing with it for the last 3 days. 
They list on the site the following options:

12 Gauge Drip Tray
    12 Gauge Cover
    Handle
    Additional Hopper-side Heat Shield
    3 pack of aluminum GrillGrates with Cleaning Tool

On the firebox cover, they added a lip that is about 1/3 of the circle on the right side.  I'll get some pictures when I do a ash clean up.

I have taken out the angle iron i used to block airflow at the right side of the grill and also the firebricks.  Still have the c-13 custom set.  I do have comp shelves and the downdraft in place still.

Right now the grill is set to 240° with 2 half racks of ribs on a half shelf just above the main grate.   Currently the left side is 239° and the right side is 240.2°.   I did a rack of ribs yesterday and i never saw over a 5-10° difference l-r for very long.  It was really windy here yesterday so i am hoping to see better temps today as it is calm.

I haven't played with the direct seer yet as I am still testing temps.

All I can say is if you have an older Gridiron and you have been fighting left/right temp differences, this new redesign should help fix those issues.
One piece of advice if you want to order, ask how long it will take to get it delivered. They were having some issues and mine took forever.  But I am happy to have waited.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: keithj69 on January 29, 2021, 12:46:56 PM ---Right now the grill is set to 240° with 2 half racks of ribs on a half shelf just above the main grate.   Currently the left side is 239° and the right side is 240.2°.

--- End quote ---

That's exceptional temperature performance.

Bentley:
Good info.

keithj69:
Here is the fireboard shared info on this cook.  I'll leave the link up for a day or 3.    https://share.fireboard.io/EB1742

edit.  I foiled the cover plate because it has a hole on the cover for the handle to take it off.  using as a way to block any excess heat escaping.

MP09:
Great info. The sear kit looks like a winner but i'll wait for your review...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View