Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Gridiron direct seer option

<< < (3/3)

okie smokie:
I solved the same problem with this. I was able to adjust the heat distribution by sliding the diffuser to left or right of center. Worked fine. Still have it if someone wants it. Easy to dismantle and ship. I also noted that the round dome design, directs the flames downward, and overheated the bottom, causing loss of paint. Vermiculite helped that before I made the deflector mod. 3/16" SS.

keithj69:
After a couple of slow and low cooks and one cook of chicken wings that ended with a high heat run,  my feelings on this sear kit is it is well worth the money.   
If you still want to use the gridiron and have fought those wild temp swings side to side,  the sear kit and i feel also the downdraft mod has made this grill what it was advertised to be years ago. 
With the thickness of the new steel added to the system, the heat recovery time is much better/quicker.  Enough that the grill will overshoot a couple of extra degrees.

With the downdraft mod, I barely have the vent open.  Maybe a 1/4 inch open.
Still haven't used the sear option as I was more into seeing what the grill would do at low temps.
One thing i forgot is I have the lid insulator also, so add that into the mix of things on the grill.
I did mess with the c-13 settings and adjusted as the grill was off just a bit after previous tuning.  Not much, it was actually running cooler in the chamber vs what the grill thought.
All my testing has been on the second level with the thermometers on the cooking level.  i have been using the half rack set in the middle.

Now it is time to unleash this renewed beast on the family and friends and start making them some kick butt Q.

MP09:
Great review! Next will be how the sear kit works...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View