Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Gridiron direct seer option

<< < (2/3) > >>

keithj69:
I'm on my third test cook and can honestly say that i cannot believe what these parts have done to level things.  This week I am going to use a full shelf and cook a brisket flat.  Fingers crossed for similar results.

I was really close to selling the grill due to the hassle of the temp difference.  If these tests work out, I will be really happy in my investment.  Just sad that i had to pay extra to get to this level.

keithj69:
Here is the cook for the spatchcocked chicken I bought today from BJ's.   https://share.fireboard.io/056E3A

keithj69:
Not going to lie.  I am really happy with the new parts.  As I said, i wish i haven't had to pay to get the improved performance.  But it is cheaper than a new grill.  Making me interested in cooking again.

Canadian John:

Excellent and informative report. That has to be the epitome of even cooking temperatures.

keithj69:
This is the new fire pot cover.   The lip is one inch.  I measured the height difference of the installed covers and the new one sits about 1/4 inch higher now. 
In the cleaning there seems to be more ash accumulating closer to where the cover hinge system is at.  Noticed that there also isn't as much ash in the chamber as in past cooks.  These cooks have been lumberjack pellets.   I have some B&B maple i am going to transition into a 4.5 lb brisket flat cook tomorrow.  I said I was going to use the full shelve, but I am to lazy to clean it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View