Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > recteq

RT 590 or RT 700

(1/3) > >>

zueth:
All Rec Teq owners, any reason to not get the RT 700 and stick with the RT 590?  or if you have the budget is it a no-brainer to get the RT 700?
The biggest difference seems to be the 590 has vents on the back of the chamber and the 700 has a smokestack.  I think maybe the SS is thicker on the 700 than the 590, but could be wrong.
Thanks.

lil moose:
I have a RT680 which is the older version of the RT700.

I prefer it but it's just me

okie smokie:
Not sure about the gauge of steel.  But for small family of 2-4 the 590 is plenty. Now if you have a fair amount of dinner guests from time to time, then maybe the 700. Otherwise they function pretty much the same.  I occasionally have 11 (rarely lately CV) and have always been able to do enough meat and taters for the bunch with the 590.  Takes up a smaller space, uses less pellets cause it is smaller, and I think it heats up to above 500* a little easier.  On the other hand, if you anticipate occasional bigger cooks, or just like the design the 700 is one of the best bangs for the buck out there IMO. I think gauge of steel is a non issue, as you will never wear out the SS on either. Also, because of the design, I prefer the back side vents on the 590 as the air draft is more evenly distributed to both sides?

sbryant24:
Had the 680 originally and now have a 590.  Unless you think you need the extra 110 square inches, the 590 will suffice.

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: sbryant24 on February 07, 2021, 06:57:13 AM ---Had the 680 originally and now have a 590.  Unless you think you need the extra 110 square inches, the 590 will suffice.

--- End quote ---
90 inches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View