Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Temperature Cheese  (Read 2478 times)

Queball

High Temperature Cheese
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »

Looking for sausage casings I just bumped into a supplier for high temperature cheese in cheddar and 2 other types as a sausage additive. Mix and case it with your sausage meat after grinding. Only melts above 400 degrees? Anybody ever use that?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: High Temperature Cheese
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »

No.

Would never get to a melting temperature.  I wonder what would possess a company to make the melting point so high?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Queball

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »

That's what I was thinking. And what would it be like in your body if you consumed it. Maybe I need to go back and read that again. Just doesn't seem right.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

Never heard of cheddar going that high.

There are plenty of other 'hard' cheeses that likely would.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Queball

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »

COOKING TEMPERATURES TO 400 degrees without melting
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

About the product
ʉۢ 2.5 lb. Vaccum Pack Bag of High Temperature Cheddar Cheese - This is recommended amount for 25 lbs. of meat - Use the same High Temperature Cheese that the commercial meat processors use. Manufactured by Jim's Cheese Pantry, Inc. in Waterloo, WI - The Cheese State
• Hi Temp Cheddar Cheese is perfect for adding that Special Touch to your Brats, Grilled Burgers, Smoked Sausage or Snack Sticks!
• Hi Temp Cheese will last up to 2 to 3 months in your refrigerator or up to 6 months frozen. (NOTE: If you freeze the cheese do not thaw and then re-freeze again. If frozen, allow to defrost 24 hours in refrigerator before using). The cheese is made specifically to withstand high smoking and cooking temperatures (up to 400 degrees F) without melting; keeping its original 1/4 inch cubed shape after stuffing, smoking and cooking.
• We ship Our High Temperature Cheese in a Padded Bubble Wrap Envelope with ice for freshness - Refrigerate upon receipt.
• The recommended ratio of High Temperature Cheese to Sausage Meat is 1 lb. of High Temperature Cheese for Every 10 lbs. of Meat - So each of our 2.5 lb. Bags of High Temperature Cheese should be mixed with 25 lbs. of meat after your FINAL grind.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:35:52 PM by Queball »

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:41:33 PM »

I've seen it here and there, but never tried it. I don't grill my sausages on high. I would think that would be the only circumstance that it would come in handy. Direct flame grilling, burgers, brats, etc.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »

I'm a cheese-a-holic, and that just goes against everything I value about cheese. It's creepy beyond the pale.

What does one have to do to create this monster? I can only assume it's chemically modified as any natural production would never obtain that result.  :puke:

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Osborn Cox

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:54 PM »

We use it all the time for making things like Taco Brats, Packer Brats(cheddar and jalapeño) Badger Brats(red pepper and mozzarella) Philly cheesesteak Brats, deluxe italian sausage with pepper and mozzarella, beef sticks with pepper jack, cheddar polish sausage, Beef Brats with blue cheese., etc.   There is a local butcher shop that usually has about 8 different varieties in stock.     It works really well for both fresh and smoked sausage.
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »

I was thinking IT, they are talking pit temperature right?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:33:48 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Queball

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

OC,
What is the texture of it like? Is real rubbery? Does it dissolve in your mouth?

Osborn Cox

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

OC,
What is the texture of it like? Is real rubbery? Does it dissolve in your mouth?

Not rubbery at all, in a grilled sausage it is melty and soft, in smoked sausage like summer sausage or beef sticks it has the same texture as regular cheese to me, not waxy or rubbery.   
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle
Pages: [1]   Go Up