Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Ralphie on 14 Feb 2021
  • That’s makes sense. I bought this at a Korean grocery store.
    Gonna give it a go next weekend. I’ll come back with pictures.
  • #17 by hughver on 14 Feb 2021
  • It is not bacon, it is sliced pork belly.  There is a big difference, why I said grind it!

One of the local high end restaurants here serve roasted pork belly chunks as an appetizer. They are a little fatty for my taste but otherwise are very tasty.
  • #18 by Clonesmoker on 15 Feb 2021
  • I've been to Jordan's in downtown Chicago before and they have an appetizer that is double smoked bacon with a maple glaze on it. I get it each year I go to Chicago for show I go.  It is as thick as the pictures shown and it is out of this world.
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Feb 2021
  • I've been to Jordan's in downtown Chicago before and they have an appetizer that is double smoked bacon with a maple glaze on it. I get it each year I go to Chicago for show I go.  It is as thick as the pictures shown and it is out of this world.

I believe I had that there.  I am not sure it is open anymore though.
  • #20 by Darwin on 15 Feb 2021
  • That’s makes sense. I bought this at a Korean grocery store.
    Gonna give it a go next weekend. I’ll come back with pictures.
    If you're into Korean food, BBQ or Bulgogi would work.
  • #21 by Ralphie on 23 Feb 2021
  • I prepared the pork belly slices two ways.

Marinated in Korean bulgolgi and broiled...served as a banh mi sandwich with pickled carrot & daikon, pickled red onions, cucumber, cilantro, and siracha mayo.

Second half was seasoned with BBQ rub, smoked, then briefly broiled with bbq sauce. Served on a sandwich with slaw and pickled red onions.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #22 by yorkdude on 23 Feb 2021
  • Nicely done, they look fantastic.
  • #23 by triplebq on 23 Feb 2021
  • Nicely done!
  • #24 by Bentley on 23 Feb 2021
  • Looks like you found a great use for it!
Pages:
Actions