Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Th3Batman86 on 22 Feb 2021

• Here is a cook I did last month. I was missing bbq having been busy with a heavy pandemic workload. I got a weekend to myself and decided I wanted everything. So on the RT2500 went a brisket, 3 racks of baby backs, two whole chickens, four butts, and some Italian sausages. Behind the sausages on the bottom shelf is a small water pan. Removed was the smoke tube I used in the beginning for just the butts and the brisket. I find the BFG is light on the smoke but a smoke tube adds some flavor.

• #2 by Th3Batman86 on 22 Feb 2021

• A few more photos. First two trays is what I took over to a friends house as a give away. They actually paid for the smoked butts, but I threw in some other stuff just as a gift. Second tray is what I took to work on Monday to feed the coworkers.
  • #3 by lil moose on 22 Feb 2021
  • DANG, great cook wish I was there :clap: :clap:
  • #4 by Th3Batman86 on 22 Feb 2021
  • DANG, great cook wish I was there :clap: :clap:

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. First use of the MEATER+ probes I got for Christmas as well. Those things work great if anyone is wondering.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Feb 2021
  • My grill looks like that often when I do cook as I figure if I am going to have it turned on I may as well fill it up.  Nice work.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 22 Feb 2021
  •  
     A superbly wonderful display. Just makes me hungry to look at it all.
  • #7 by pmillen on 22 Feb 2021
  • That's smart.  I should plan ahead.

Food looks perfect.
  • #8 by Bentley on 22 Feb 2021
  • A great use of space!
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Feb 2021
  • That is a monster grill.  You may be able to get 30-40 racks of ribs on there if you had 2-3 racks in addition to the main grate.
  • #10 by Th3Batman86 on 22 Feb 2021
  • That is a monster grill.  You may be able to get 30-40 racks of ribs on there if you had 2-3 racks in addition to the main grate.

It comes with three shelves. I normally only do two just for more room. Here is the bread test from when I got it shows all three shelves.

• #11 by cookingjnj on 22 Feb 2021
  • Now that is what I call a cook.  Great looking grub there my friend.
  • #12 by stickjiggler on 22 Feb 2021
  • It all looks delicious. Do you stagger when you put them on to try to get them all to finish at the same time? Or do you start them all at the same time and pull them as they finish?
  • #13 by Th3Batman86 on 23 Feb 2021
  • It all looks delicious. Do you stagger when you put them on to try to get them all to finish at the same time? Or do you start them all at the same time and pull them as they finish?

I staggered them. the butts and brisket went on at about 11pm at 200° and I went to bed. When I woke up I bumped the temp up to 225 and put the ribs on. The butts went unwrapped the whole time but I did wrap the brisket when I liked the color. Once I wrapped the brisket the chicken went on and then the sausage. I wanted it all to finish about the same time but didn't really happen. Sausage came off first, then ribs, then chicken, then brisket, then butts. Had one butt that just wouldn't come to temp. Swear it had three stalls.

Was my first multi protein cook like that. Was a lot of fun. Hoping to do it again and get the timing better.
  • #14 by yorkdude on 23 Feb 2021
  • Great job.
Pages:
Actions