Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 25 Feb 2021
  • Just bought this unit to replace a never satisfactory FoodSaver that lasted 3 years. Nesco V12 is their Deluxe model and features dual pumps for strong vacuum. Has 3 choices of vacuum, regular, milder for bread and pastries etc, and intermittent so you can adjust as needed. Also holds a roll and has a cutter. Arrived today and is well built, and works very well so far. Rapid suction, and quieter.
    Any of you own or experienced this sealer?  I have it from Amazon so I can return if not satisfactory. There are hundreds of brands at all prices, but this unit had 4 and 5 star ratings above 90%.  Also, I liked the comments made on it's function and structure. Will do a double seal for added strength and has double suction pumps. Any experience with this brand? No pic at present.
  • #2 by hughver on 25 Feb 2021
  • No experience here but I also saw them on Amazon, does it have a cooling fan?
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Feb 2021
  • Looks very similar to the one I bought at Cabela's a few years ago.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-12-pro-series-vacuum-sealer?lcab.rdr=TRUE&slotId=2

I think I got it on sale for $100-$110.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 26 Feb 2021
  • I like the idea of the "milder" function for bread and pastries.
    Now, with our Foodsavers, we freeze the bread, then vacuum seal until the bag just pulls up to the bread then stop it.
    Do same process for shredded cheese.
    Will have to look into that unit when Foodsaver dies.
    Thanks for posting...

EDIT:  Does the manual say how many repetitive operations it can do ?  Didn't see anything online.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Feb 2021
  • Cabela's does 100 seals an hour or so it says.  I think it is a little slower than that.
  • #6 by okie smokie on 26 Feb 2021
  • Looks very similar to the one I bought at Cabela's a few years ago.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-12-pro-series-vacuum-sealer?lcab.rdr=TRUE&slotId=2

I think I got it on sale for $100-$110.
    Very similar to Cabella's but Nesco advises to wait at least a minute between seals. With the top up it looks almost the same.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Feb 2021
  • I go one after the other with the Cabela's.

I thought I may have a problem burning my hands on the sealer while setting each bag in for sealing after the last one, but it has not been an issue.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 26 Feb 2021

• Very similar to Cabella's but Nesco advises to wait at least a minute between seals. With the top up it looks almost the same.

Thanks for that info.
    When I have 40 or 50 bags of Chilies to seal, I can't wait a minute between each one.
    Guess I will cross the Nesco off my list as a replacement when a FoodSaver dies.
  • #9 by okie smokie on 26 Feb 2021

• Very similar to Cabella's but Nesco advises to wait at least a minute between seals. With the top up it looks almost the same.

Thanks for that info.
    When I have 40 or 50 bags of Chilies to seal, I can't wait a minute between each one.
    Guess I will cross the Nesco off my list as a replacement when a FoodSaver dies.
    Fortunately, I rarely have more than 5 or 6 to seal at one time, so no problem there.  What's 5 or 6 minutes to an old retired guy?  ???
  • #10 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2022
  • Almost two years now and has held up well. I like the double seal ability. No apparent wear on the seals.
  • #11 by pmillen on 17 Nov 2022
  • Almost two years now and has held up well. I like the double seal ability. No apparent wear on the seals.

Good information.  IDK what I'll buy when/if my FoodSaver crashes.  I have a yen for a chamber unit.
  • #12 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2022
  • This is more simple than my food saver and has performed better than the two FS's I had before. Simple is good.
  • #13 by MikeMcQ on 02 May 2023
  • I just got a Nesco V12 as backup for my FS Gamesaver Silver which I think is on it's last legs. (has been for close to 4 years been keeps on truckin.) During last weekends pulled pork vac session of making 18 bags and then vac sealing 18 bags about half way FS shut down flashing red (over heated warning) Let er sit a spell and continued shut down a 2nd time. Let er cool again and finished. When new could easily have done the whole session.

Remembered this thread and ordered a V12. Arrived today. Had concerns about back to back seals but short test isn't a problem. Made 8 bags then vac sealed 8 packs of bacon. No problems shutting down needing to cool. Only 16 seals so not a big test but for $107 with tax it'll do. Amazon was sold out so purchased via Wally World online about same price.

Making bags is now a 2 step process instead of 1 step with Gamesaver. Gotta measure and cut then put up to seal where as Gamesaver seal and cut and same time. Can get used to it. But it's going remain the back up until Gamesaver finally dies! Ergonomically prefer the Gamdsaver's lower profile, easier to place bags to vac and seal.
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 03 May 2023
  • I have 2 of the Gamesaver silver units.
    One is an older one. Think it said up to 60 repetitions, but that's marketing, you never get that.
    The other said up to 80 repetitions.  This is my goto machine.
    Mine older one might have a problem doing what you described, but I think the newer would be OK.
    When I am doing a lot (40+ seals & vacuum/seals) I use both.
    If you are just making bags from a roll and sealing just one end it does overheat faster.
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 May 2023
  • That is why I buy precut bags so I don't have to deal with making my own out of rolls even if it costs me more.

I bought a Cabela's vac sealer several years ago that worked light years better than my Food Saver.  When we were making a lot of beef jerky, we ran both of them to vac seal everything.
Pages:
Actions