Accessories & Essentials > Equipment -- grill grates, grill mats, brushes, covers, tongs, etc.

Nesco V12 vacuum sealer

(1/4) > >>

okie smokie:
Just bought this unit to replace a never satisfactory FoodSaver that lasted 3 years. Nesco V12 is their Deluxe model and features dual pumps for strong vacuum. Has 3 choices of vacuum, regular, milder for bread and pastries etc, and intermittent so you can adjust as needed. Also holds a roll and has a cutter. Arrived today and is well built, and works very well so far. Rapid suction, and quieter.
Any of you own or experienced this sealer?  I have it from Amazon so I can return if not satisfactory. There are hundreds of brands at all prices, but this unit had 4 and 5 star ratings above 90%.  Also, I liked the comments made on it's function and structure. Will do a double seal for added strength and has double suction pumps. Any experience with this brand? No pic at present.

hughver:
No experience here but I also saw them on Amazon, does it have a cooling fan?

Bar-B-Lew:
Looks very similar to the one I bought at Cabela's a few years ago.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-12-pro-series-vacuum-sealer?lcab.rdr=TRUE&slotId=2

I think I got it on sale for $100-$110.

02ebz06:
I like the idea of the "milder" function for bread and pastries.
Now, with our Foodsavers, we freeze the bread, then vacuum seal until the bag just pulls up to the bread then stop it.
Do same process for shredded cheese.
Will have to look into that unit when Foodsaver dies.
Thanks for posting...

EDIT:  Does the manual say how many repetitive operations it can do ?  Didn't see anything online.

Bar-B-Lew:
Cabela's does 100 seals an hour or so it says.  I think it is a little slower than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View