Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hughver on 03 May 2023
  • Good information.  IDK what I'll buy when/if my FoodSaver crashes.  I have a yen for a chamber unit.

I'm very happy with my Anova chamber vacuum sealer.
  • #17 by okie smokie on 03 May 2023
  • I also use the ready mades for most jobs. I like the double seal option. When I have to make bags, I first pull just enough from roll to place over sealer, then seal first and then pull down to proper length and then cut. A little easier than cutting first. This machine is simple but reliable for me. I see Costco has packaged rolls cheaper. 
  • #18 by BigDave83 on 03 May 2023
  • I bought a chamber sealer maybe 8 years or so ago, best thing I ever did, bought 1000 each of 4 different size pouches for it. Ran out of the 8x12 ones and bought more of them, and need to soon order more plus some 10x13.

I went through several foodsavers over the years.

Down side to the chamber sealer is size limitation, although I never tried leaving something hang out side and seal it. I bought a vacmaster pro380 for a great deal got it and a couple rolls of 15" wide bag material for leas than half the cost of the machine, although it rarely gets used.
  • #19 by MikeMcQ on 03 May 2023
  • When I have to make bags, I first pull just enough from roll to place over sealer, then seal first and then pull down to proper length and then cut. A little easier than cutting first.

:-[ Duh that makes sense! (something like that may have been in the user manual, but, well....)
  • #20 by 02ebz06 on 03 May 2023
  • I do it the other way.
    Pull out to size I want, press the seal button, and start filling bag while it is sealing.
Pages:
Actions