Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 26 Feb 2021
  • Are folks having issues with certain text characters or text and adding photos?  I did on Weds., but have had no issues since.  I use Chrome and a PC laptop.

If you have had any issues can you post...and if you do have issues, tell what web browser you use please.
  • #2 by RWhyman on 27 Feb 2021
  • When I posted about Short Ribs a while back, I attached a photo, but all that came up in the post was a link. I use Safari.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 27 Feb 2021
  • No issues with pictures.
    I did have an issue when pasting text,  from an apostrophe on did not get pasted.
    Haven't tried it since.
    The failure to connect still happens at times.

I use Pale Moon and Falkon browsers.
  • #4 by ZCZ on 27 Feb 2021
  • Was in the recipe section to refresh my memory of my rib recipe.  A couple of "A"s before measurements for the ingredients.
    Using Google Chrome on my laptop.
  • #5 by Brushpopper on 27 Feb 2021
  • I went back to the cast iron seasoning thread to read about how Canadian John made the beeswax pucks because I got some yesterday.  It looks like anywhere there is an apostrophe there are some weird symbols.  It's readable but it's not easy.  It's on the third page, but I copied and pasted it here to see what happens.

"This may help.

The flaxseed oil must…
     Be made of 100% flaxseed: There should be no other flavors, additives, and especially no oils to prevent oxidation among the listed ingredients. (You want the oxidation in this case!) The only exception here is
     if the label includes the words “flaxseed particulate” or “lignans.” Those are still part of the flaxseed, so they’re fine and still count as pure flax oil.
     Require refrigeration, because it’s an omega-3 supplement and goes rancid quickly. If you buy a bottle of flax oil that doesn’t need to be refrigerated, you bought the wrong thing.
     Be organic, because “you don’t want to burn toxic chemicals into your cookware to leach out forever more,” Canter writes.
     Be unfiltered, although filtered is also probably fine: Canter doesn’t specify if the oil should be filtered or unfiltered. I’ve heard of people using both, and it worked fine. The bottle she links to in her post is
     unfiltered, so that’s what I went with as well.
     Be expensive: Well, it doesn’t have to be expensive, per se, but if you’re buying the right thing, it probably will be. Think around $17 or $20 for a 16-ounce bottle.
     Between it flaking off and the cost, I don't use it any more.. Some swear by it."
  • #6 by Brushpopper on 27 Feb 2021
  • And I use Chrome on a laptop PC. 
  • #7 by KeithG on 27 Feb 2021
  • Yes to site issues. Can
  • #8 by Bentley on 27 Feb 2021
  • I have just sent an email to our IT Administrator asking if he will look into it.  Please keep posting the issues you are having and be as specific as you can, as I am sure that will help.  Thanks for the help!
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 27 Feb 2021
  • The connection issue happens in the mornings.
    Hasn't been as frequent as it was when it started.
  • #10 by LowSlowFoShow on 27 Feb 2021
  • Testing testing- testing, testing
  • #11 by ZCZ on 27 Feb 2021
  • Using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.
    Tried to go in and modify the posting for my home brew rib recipe.  After I saved the change (removing an upper case "A" that was somehow inserted) it totally removed everything that was below the change.  Have not tried adding the info that was deleted.
    Alan
  • #12 by Bentley on 28 Feb 2021
  • Are those of you who are having issues still experiencing them? ", ' "
  • #13 by yorkdude on 28 Feb 2021
  • Well, let
  • #14 by yorkdude on 28 Feb 2021
  • Looks like a picture but not what I posted
  • #15 by Brushpopper on 28 Feb 2021
  • Are those of you who are having issues still experiencing them? ", ' "

Your post is showing correctly, but the one I copied and pasted from the cast iron thread still has the symbols where quotes and apostrophes are when I looked at it just now.

EDIT:  I looked at it in Chrome and Edge and both still have the symbols.
Pages:
Actions