Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 01 Mar 2021
  • I added the GMG rotisserie this weekend to my Daniel Boone Prime.  I called GMG support and they sent me the needed brackets for the grill. Of course I had to pay for them, about 15 dollars.  I went to a display model and took measurements. Everything was good until I drilled the hole for the spit.  Even though I had it right were it was suppose to be, it was a little off.  I had to route the hole so the spit would go in correctly.  All and all it got done.  I also had to remove the hopper box to add the bracket on the left side.  A little work but it's done!
  • #2 by reubenray on 01 Mar 2021
  • I used a kit from OneGrill to do my rotisserie years ago.  I put the bracket on the inside instead of outside.  I also remove the bolts for the hopper lid where I could slide it off to add pellets.
  • #3 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2021
  • So do you know if they fit much older GMG models?
  • #4 by reubenray on 01 Mar 2021
  • So do you know if they fit much older GMG models?

My Daniel Boone is a 2015 model.  Look at the OneGrill website.  It show everything I need you will need to see.  They are a good company to deal with.  My motor failed when it was a little over two years old and out of warranty.  They sent me a new one at no charge.
  • #5 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2021
  • Thanks, good to know.  I wonder if the OEM from GMG fit older models!
  • #6 by just4fn on 01 Mar 2021
  • I don't know if the dimensions are the same.  If they are,  then it will work.  I think width is the important measurement because of the length of the rod. If it's the same width then it should work.
  • #7 by just4fn on 02 Mar 2021

The DB choice is 56 inch's wide and the Prime is 52 inch's wide.  I'm pretty sure it wont work because the choice is too wide unless you found a spit 4 inch's longer.
  • #8 by reubenray on 02 Mar 2021

The DB choice is 56 inch's wide and the Prime is 52 inch's wide.  I'm pretty sure it wont work because the choice is too wide unless you found a spit 4 inch's longer.

The spit that I have sticks out about 5".  I can't measure it being it is packed up and on it's way to NW Arkansas where we are moving to.
  • #9 by just4fn on 13 Apr 2021
  • I just purchased a 2011 Daniel Boone cheap. It has the same measurement as my prime that I installed the rotisserie. It looks like the GMG rotisserie will work on the Daniel Boone choice.  At least the older ones.
Pages:
Actions