Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by zueth on 09 Mar 2021
  • I rubbed with oil oil and Kinders Butter Steakhouse seasoning and put them on the grill for 2 hours at smoke setting which is about 180. Then bumped the grill up to 250 for the rest of the cook. I spritz every 45-60 minutes with 50/50 mix of ACV and Apple Juice. The first three where toothpick tender after 5 1/2 hours and the last after 6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 09 Mar 2021
  • Those look great. I don't see them much around me, I may have to ask next time I go to the butcher shop.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 09 Mar 2021
  • Very nice!!!  I haven't seen them much either.
  • #4 by pmillen on 09 Mar 2021
  • I just can't locate beef ribs like that.  Those I find have much less meat, are cut into short lengths and, I guess, are generally used as soup bones.
  • #5 by triplebq on 09 Mar 2021
  • I just can't locate beef ribs like that.  Those I find have much less meat, are cut into short lengths and, I guess, are generally used as soup bones.

Check out Sam's Club  (if you have one)
    https://www.samsclub.com/p/cryovac-whole-beef-short-ribs-piece-count-varies-by-bag/prod17180007?xid=plp_product_1
  • #6 by dk117 on 09 Mar 2021
  • looking good, I've got a local butcher who has these, but I have yet to duplicate texas style ribs in several attempts.   I figure I'm not cooking them long enough.

DK
  • #7 by Bentley on 09 Mar 2021
  • The one 2nd from the right looks like about a B.M.S. score of 9.
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 09 Mar 2021
  • Those look great.  Still working to get mine to come out looking, and I am sure tasting, like those.  Nicely done.
  • #9 by zueth on 09 Mar 2021
  • My local butcher does not carry them either, I wished they did. These where purchased from Porter Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions