Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by yorkdude on 01 Jul 2021
  • Wow, I wish I was your neighbor.  I would be eating BLT's and club sandwiches for weeks.
    Count me in also please!
  • #47 by dk117 on 05 Jul 2021
  • A couple different angles.  Year 6 of this garden.  It doesn’t produce much but it is fun to watch grow.   

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #48 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • My 1st ever Blackberry pie.  As many of you know, I am not a fan of cooked fruit, I just dont get it.  But an AA friend will be celebrating 12 years in a couple of weeks and he does like cooked fruit.  Apple pie is about all I have to go by, and it usually has a lot more bubbling liquid in it.  So I am very scared that this did not come out well.  It is an experiment, but still, you want to hit them All out of the Park!

I figure it will take about an hour to cool, and then I will cut and show you all a slice!

• #49 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • Complete failure.  I could not even get a slice out there was so much liquid.  Substituting corn starch for flour may have been the issue.  Might try tapioca power tomorrow.  Back to the drawing board.

• #50 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2021
  • Just put some vanilla ice cream over it and you won't be able to tell you had too much liquid
  • #51 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • The berries will be repurposed tomorrow!
  • #52 by ylr on 08 Jul 2021
  • As I recall reading in a Cooks Illustrated several years ago(I think they used strawberries for something), to reduce the amount of liquid, you have to cook it down some in a pan first before putting it in a pie shell. I would definitely look it up online to verify first.
  • #53 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • Not according to the recipe...But, yeah, I should go with my gut more when I bake!
  • #54 by bregent on 12 Jul 2021
  • Indoor basil

• #55 by 02ebz06 on 13 Jul 2021
  • Not according to the recipe...But, yeah, I should go with my gut more when I bake!
    Yup, recipes are a guideline, a place to start. Then you modify it for you.
  • #56 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Jul 2021
  • Finally had enough fairly ripe blackberries for a batch of homemade, homegrown jam.  But it is hot business over a gas stove!!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #57 by Darwin on 19 Jul 2021
  • Kristen that's exactly what comes to mind when I look my fig tree.
  • #58 by yorkdude on 20 Jul 2021
  • Finally had enough fairly ripe blackberries for a batch of homemade, homegrown jam.  But it is hot business over a gas stove!!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Oh my, Bentley’s bread, home cured bacon, homegrown tomatoes and lettuce……bed time
    Breakfast, Bentley’s bread and Kristin’s jam. Add a dash of salt and pepper and get to eating. Yum.
  • #59 by Jiggle Racing on 04 Aug 2021
  • Tower garden on the upstairs balcony at the beach because my backyard patio is packed with 10 bbq/smoker/grills.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• #60 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Aug 2021
  • That tower garden is really neat!  Did you build it yourself?
Pages:
Actions