Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Jiggle Racing on 09 Aug 2021
  • Got it from juice plus more than 5 years ago. It's amazing how fast things grow.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• #62 by Bentley on 04 Sep 2021
  • Blackberry's have been done for about a month, but man are the Raspberry's producing this year!  This is about 2lbs.  I think berries are normally sold as pints or quarts, so not sure how that equates.  The canes have to be picked about every 3-4 days and this is what they produce.

• #63 by 02ebz06 on 04 Sep 2021
  • When I was a kid (in the 50's), I used to go around the neighborhood and sell them for 60 cents a quart.   ::)
    We had 3 rows of bushes about 50-60' long.

• #64 by Big Bear on 05 Sep 2021
  • What size container are they in...that should tell how it equates...making raspberry preserves?
  • #65 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2021
  • I do not know the size if I had to guess I would say 4qt.  In Wal-mart today, 12oz was $5.59 and this is about 33oz by weight.  Not sure what to do with them.  Kristin has already made 7sts of Blackberry Jam and some Syrup.  I have already used the raspberries in 2 desserts, and made 5Qts of Jam.  There is another bag full like this in the freezer and there will probably be 4 more harvests like this, so not sure what we are going to do with them!
  • #66 by yorkdude on 05 Sep 2021
  • They look awesome and bet they taste great.
  • #67 by 02ebz06 on 05 Sep 2021
  • You can make great snacks with them.
    Put some peanut butter (assuming you like peanut butter) on a tortilla, sprinkle with raspberries (blueberries & strawberries also are good choices), roll up and enjoy.
  • #68 by Big Bear on 06 Sep 2021
  • ... there will probably be 4 more harvests like this, so not sure what we are going to do with them!

I have seen in Costco at times they would sell a Raspberry Chipolte BBQ Sauce....maybe experiment with your chilis?
  • #69 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2021
  • I am ready for 2022 Gardening!   This is just an experiment for late Winter in a few months. We tried to start our own seedling last year, but did not know we need grow lights to stop the seedlings from becoming "leggy". So I have decide to plant 4 seeds and see what the optimal height will be so they do not get leggy. I have tomato, squash, snow pea & chili. I read up on it and found that florescent light were the best, then I go and buy LED not thinking. Then I do more research and find that the LED are also very good and produce less heat, so the light can be closer. Says it should be 12-18 inches, so the light will have to be raised once they germinate!

• #70 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2021
  • You, my friend, are a cross between McGyver and MythBusters.
  • #71 by Bentley on 24 Nov 2021
  • I think the LED's are going to work well, and keep the seedings from becoming "leggy"!  The Snow Pea was a bad choice, although it germinated well and was so strong I had to clip it.  The beats have finally germinated.  They seem to be growing and the stalks strengthening instead of searching for that light.  I believe I planted a tomato and a chili in the other 2, but neither has germinated.  If you look at the container on the far right, I believe the thing that germinated there is a weed, yeah, I am really good at growing them.  But if you look just to the left of it you may see a stem.  Issue is, no flower at the top, so really strange.  Will see if what I think is a weed is really a weed in a few more days.

• #72 by JoeGrilling on 26 Nov 2021
  • I'm starting to think about my 2022 garden and the timing.  There's a guy on YouTube with a site called the "Rusted Garden" that has a lot of good information on growing vegetables from seeds.  I learned a lot from his channel on making my first attempt at it successful this year. 

The timing this year is going to be interesting.  I have been putting off knee replacement surgery for years.  Both of my knees are shot.  My first one gets replaced in February.  Hopefully by April I'll be able to do the in ground planting.
Pages:
Actions