Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2021
  • From the website feelgoodfoodie net. a recipe By: Yumna Jawad.

A variation on her Beef Kafta.  Middle Eastern and to be more specific with this, a Lebanese style. The only thing I did not have was the fresh parsley.  I also made the Lebanese 7 spice, which consists of Cumin, Cinnamon, Coriander, Allspice, Clove, Cracked Black Pepper & Nutmeg.  I am pretty sure it has to many Pumpkin Pie spices for me to like, but hey, contempt before investigation I am trying to get away from!

The meat mixture is about 2:1 Beef Brisket to Lamb Shoulder, will pull from oven at 150° IT..  The skewers are Rosemary stems. I am gonna say about 15% fat because I forgot to add the good flavor!  Going to serve with mashed cauliflower & German sweet pickled cooked red cabbage.

• #2 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2021
  • #3 by cookingjnj on 13 Mar 2021
  • Those look awesome Bent.  Really like the look of the cabbage as well.  We love Kafta and make chicken kafta patties every couple of months.  Now I am jonesing for Kafta and cauli mash!
  • #4 by pmillen on 13 Mar 2021
  • "Cool!"  Beavis and Butt-Head

I need to get out of my cooking rut.
  • #5 by jdmessner on 13 Mar 2021
  • That looks really good. I was looking for an easy to eat lamb recipe. I want to give this a try.
  • #6 by jdmessner on 02 Apr 2021
  • I made these for Maundy Thursday. 60/40 beef to lamb. I used allspice instead of the 7 spice.
    Served with hummus and flat bread. Went over well!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by Bentley on 02 Apr 2021
  • Very nice!  Hummus is a nice touch!
Pages:
Actions