Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2021
  • In another thread, I posted a link to the Bacon Smashed Hatch Chili Burger that they have at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I went and got one tonight.  I really enjoyed it and would go back for another.  One of the best burgers I've had in a while since I really haven't had many outside of a "faster" food place in a year.

I am also really liking this "Food" mode on the camera on my new phone.  I think it takes a better picture than the regular mode.

Here are a few pics.

Be sure to post pics of your burgers here and let us know where you got them or if you made them yourself.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Mar 2021
  • That's pretty good looking. Better than I would have imagined from there. I loved that place in my early 20's (BW3 back then). Many of them were dumps back in the day. I haven't been there in forever, but people have got carryout for parties, etc. Food isn't bad. I'm not a big sports bar fan typically.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2021
  • Tuesday is also buy one get one free bone in wings there too.
  • #4 by Bentley on 16 Mar 2021
  • It certainly looks like a good tasting burger.  I like the size and the thinness of the patties very much.  May have to try and get the make shift griddle out tomorrow and try and make a Squeeze Burger.  Although that might entail going to the garage and making some kind of Bentford smashing device for the burger!
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2021
  • Use a spatula to smash
  • #6 by Bentley on 16 Mar 2021
  • Believe it or not, it really needs to have some weight behind it.  It needs to be able to smash and kind of a qu'est-ce que c'est, an elongated smash & stroke.  That and I feel like welding something!
  • #7 by bregent on 17 Mar 2021
  • #8 by Bentley on 17 Mar 2021
  • That must work good.  I was hoping to get something circular to shape the patty the way I like too!
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 17 Mar 2021
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Mar 2021
  • I have that rectangle press and a round one, but I don't have one that is indented to form the round burger.  Thanks for the link.  One more thing to add to my grill collection.
  • #11 by Bentley on 17 Mar 2021
  • I saw the Cuisinart last night.  Would have bought it, but I am just the opposite of Lew in this, I want round, but a pure flat surface like your bacon press.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Mar 2021
  • Bentley, are you looking for something like this?

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #13 by Bentley on 17 Mar 2021
  • Bingo, must be in the front row!  How much does it weigh and where did you get it?
  • #14 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Mar 2021
  • #15 by Free Mr. Tony on 17 Mar 2021
  • 99% of the time my choice would be thin patty smash burgers. Not ever would have I thought that a thick burger could ever be the best burger I've ever had.

Several years ago my wife and I randomly ended up at butcher and the burger in chicago. We both crowned it the best burger that we've had.

They give several cut options, seasonings, toppings. They then char broiler them. They are wonderful.

Pages:
Actions