Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by Bentley on 13 Apr 2021
  • I saw some Choice Chuck at Food Lion last night for $2.99 and figured I should buy it.  Wanted to see if the new plate would be what I am looking for in a grind for texture.  New smaller plate compared to the 4mm that came with the LEM.  It was not the answer.  I am finding it hard to believe that the blend of cuts could make a difference in texture once sent through a grinder, but maybe it is.  Not thinking of experimentation, I ground it all.  My next go round will be to grind using the large plate and make a burger and see if it has any difference on texture.  Average burger.  I have never bought a lot of Ground Chuck, but I see why folks like it.

New Plate.
    Cut Chuck.
    1st Grind.
    Mixed 1st Grind.
    2nd Grind.
    End product.
    Simple CheeseBurger, Russian dressing.

• #107 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Apr 2021
  • I would probably buy about 30# of chuck roast at $3/#.  It is hard to find if for less than $6 where I live.
  • #108 by 02ebz06 on 13 Apr 2021
  • The texture of the end product looks like store-bought burger meat to me.
  • #109 by Bentley on 14 Apr 2021
  • I have come to the conclusion I like about 3 TBS/lb. of finely ground oatmeal in my burger mix!
  • #110 by 02ebz06 on 14 Apr 2021
  • We put oatmeal in ours as well.
  • #111 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Apr 2021
  • Just as a binder? I use textured vegetable protein in alot of my sausage. It would probably serve a similar purpose here.
  • #112 by Bentley on 14 Apr 2021
  • More for texture then binder.
  • #113 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2021
  • Jukin Blues Burger from Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, MS - fried onions and jalapenos, mozzarella and american cheese, and some gitback sauce

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #114 by yorkdude on 18 Apr 2021
  • The 2nd. grind I assume looks fantastic. It really does.
  • #115 by Free Mr. Tony on 18 Apr 2021
  • Jukin Blues Burger from Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, MS - fried onions and jalapenos, mozzarella and american cheese, and some gitback sauce

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Those onions look fantastic. Sounds like a great burger. Mozz is sort of a strange addition though.
  • #116 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2021
  • It was a very enjoyable burger.  I may need to get one more before I leave this coming weekend.
  • #117 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2021
  • It does look good, I agree with the onion and mozzarella comment.  It looks like the bun may have been toasted?  Usually not a fan of that, but a light toast like that looks good.
  • #118 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2021
  • You can go to the 8:00 mark to see what I am talking about.  I like thin, but it seems like all this patty would be is crust?  Your thoughts? 7500 SK Won is about $6.75.

Best American Cheese Burger that sells 400 a day! Korean street food
  • #119 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2021
  • Think I will try and make one for dinner!
  • #120 by Free Mr. Tony on 18 Apr 2021
  • You can go to the 8:00 mark to see what I am talking about.  I like thin, but it seems like all this patty would be is crust?  Your thoughts? 7500 SK Won is about $6.75.

Best American Cheese Burger that sells 400 a day! Korean street food

I assume I would actually enjoy that burger, but I agree that it is a bit on the ultra thin side. 
Pages:
Actions