Pages:
Actions
  • #121 by BigDave83 on 18 Apr 2021
  • That looks very good, I didn't see how much the balls weighed when he was  making them. It is extremely thin, I have never tried to get one that thin. The cooked and raw onion I would really like. Even the little mustard pentagram was a unique touch on the one burger.
  • #122 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2021
  • I ground the ridges off my burger smasher, so I should have used wax paper.  The 1st one stuck real bad and was hard to save, 2nd one a little better.  To thin for me, but hot dang it was a good burger.  I screwed up cooking the onions, so they will we better tomorrow.  I will not mash as thin, and I wish I had SS top insted of teflon, but very pleased with outcome.  These patties beg for the large buns though, store in the morning!

• #123 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2021
  • There is just something about a smash burger being really moist without juices dripping all over you.
  • #124 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Apr 2021
  • Burger from the Stone Pony in Clarksdale, MS.  Tasted like a big burger from Wendy's.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #125 by Bentley on 20 Apr 2021
  • A fail.  1 was enough.  Overcooked, not enough fat in the mix to be cooked on a wood bbq, bacon to thick.  This was a burger that screamed out for The Works.  That is as close to a "Bad" Cheeseburger as I have ever had.

• #126 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Apr 2021
  • Just saw this in my Google news feed.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/best-fast-casual-cheeseburgers-ranked

I have not had many of these.
  • #127 by 02ebz06 on 20 Apr 2021

Never been to a Shake Shack (#1 on the list), but have had Five Guys (#2 on the list) burgers many times.
    Good burgers and you can add from the list of toppings anything you want with no increase in price.
    They don't have a freezer in the place, everything is fresh.
    And if you order the fries, don't order the large, it will be enough for 5 or 6 people.
    Small is good for 2 or 3 people.
    Fries are very good too.

• #128 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Apr 2021

I've had burgerfi, five guys, and steak and shake from that list. I'm surprised culver's didn't make it if steak and shake did. Similar but culver's is a bit better to me. Burgerfi was really good but I only had it once.

Five guys is solid, but probably would not make a definitive list for me.
  • #129 by Bentley on 21 Apr 2021
  • I don't trust a list that does not have In n Out on it!  I have only had 4 of the burgers on that list, but 2 of them were 30 years ago, so just like not having them.  I guarantee that an In n Out double is better than any of those 4!  5 Guys is close.
  • #130 by bregent on 21 Apr 2021
  • >I don't trust a list that does not have In n Out on it!

It seems that this list is for "Fast Casual" as opposed to fast food. Don't ask me what the difference is.  To me, it's the same food for more $$.  I see that In n Out made #2 on their fast food burger list. Oh and Culvers is on that list too:
    https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/best-fast-food-burgers-in-america

In and Out is still my favorite around here. Every bit as good as 5 guys and Shake Shack, for a fraction of the price. The biggest difference is that you don't get many options for toppings, which is fine with me.
  • #131 by Bentley on 21 Apr 2021
  • Thanks for the clarification!  Never had a Culvers, if it can beat In n Out, it is one fine burger.  Will have to do some research where they are located and see if we can work one in to the Free Mr Tony, jdmessner & Trooper trip!  You could not pay me to eat a Quarter Pounder!

I would take the Checkers Big Beauford, Jumbo Jack, Whopper & Dave's double over it any day!
  • #132 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Apr 2021
  • I like Culver's too.  The butter burger.  I think it is a smashburger that is smashed on top of melted butter on the griddle.  They have a few different types of burgers based on the topping options.
  • #133 by Bentley on 21 Apr 2021
  • I see there is one 2 miles from hotel in Jenison, yee haw!.  Will try and see if I can sneak a late night one in!

Edit:  A little off topic, but Kristin just said they have Fish n Chips, another thing I can't get in Mayberry.  Can anyone weigh in on them?
  • #134 by glitchy on 21 Apr 2021
  • I think Culver’s butter burger is actually butter on the bun. I don’t eat the butter burgers because both of their patty melts are awesome! I love me a double Swiss melt.

I tried 5 Guys one time and was not at all impressed. I need to give it another shot again to make sure it wasn’t just a bad day. I thought SmashBurger was better.
  • #135 by WiPelletHead on 21 Apr 2021
  • I see there is one 2 miles from hotel in Jenison, yee haw!.  Will try and see if I can sneak a late night one in!

Edit:  A little off topic, but Kristin just said they have Fish n Chips, another thing I can't get in Mayberry.  Can anyone weigh in on them?

I've had their fish a number of times. It's always been good. The beef pot roast is good to.
Pages:
Actions