Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by WiPelletHead on 14 May 2021
  • #152 by Bentley on 14 May 2021
  • Possible a Korean knife...I have left a comment in the thread asking if anyone knows model & manufacture.

I do not think this is it, but close.

Town 47312 8" Medium Blade One-Piece Stainless Steel Cleaver
  • #153 by BigDave83 on 14 May 2021
  • I think the first person I remember seeing use on of these is Martin Yan, way back when on PBS. I see you can order a Yan Can Cook knife for 30 bucks. Won't post link bu if you search Yan Can Cook Knife it pops up.
  • #154 by Bentley on 14 May 2021
  • Use the Hyperlink {it is the little blue globe in the icon}  click it & these will come up...[url ]  [/url ] (they will not have the space between them. Put the web address between them.  Then on the left one [url = replace the right bracket with the = sign.  To add a discription put a 2nd bracket on the right] replace the right bracket with the = sign.  To add a description put a 2nd bracket on the right [/URL].  I do not think I can demo this but let me try [url = web address here]Insert description here[/URL].  There will be no space between the l and the = sign.

The paste was just beef I believe had been chopped to paste, maybe a Korean bulgogi.

I think the ground beef was frozen.

I tried to attach the link to Japanese Cleaver but it didn't work. Can anyone tell me the secret of how you do that? Thanks

What was the paste looking meat that the mushrooms were mixed with?

The ground meat in the bowl, was it freeze dried, it made noise/rattled when they were mixing it?

• #155 by W6YJ on 14 May 2021
  • The UFO burgers looked great.

Too bad they aren't in the US.
  • #156 by pmillen on 15 May 2021
  • I did a Google search for Chinese cleavers. Came up with options, some straight and some were rocker style.

That's a great list, thanks.  Shapes and prices have a wide variance.  I'm thinking that I want a flat-blade style.
  • #157 by WiPelletHead on 15 May 2021
  • I did a Google search for Chinese cleavers. Came up with options, some straight and some were rocker style.

That's a great list, thanks.  Shapes and prices have a wide variance.  I'm thinking that I want a flat-blade style.

The one that caught is the Victorinox. It looks to have one of the flattest blades and I like the handle on it better than most. It would be nice if a person could see one.
  • #158 by Clonesmoker on 18 May 2021
  • Double cheeseburger with buckboard bacon, tomato, dill pickle chips, white onion, two slices of American cheese, ketchup, mustard, sweet pickled peppers, and toasted brioche bun. Probably best burger I have ever made. Learned to salt and pepper after pulling the burgers off the grill.
  • #159 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 May 2021
  • looks real good.  were they smash burgers?
  • #160 by yorkdude on 18 May 2021
  • Count me in, looks fantastic.
  • #161 by Clonesmoker on 19 May 2021
  • No smash burger. I usually take my ground beef and make a ball between the size of a baseball and softball and put it between waxed paper and just use he palm of my hand and pound it down to around 6" diameter if not a little bigger. The edges look rough as I don't keep my burgers perfectly round. I will heat up the grill and then will spray the grates and turn the heat down. I just let them go as the outside really does a crispy edge on it and flip them once. I like a more of thin burger than a thicker one. you can still get juicy thin burger if you are doing it right.
  • #162 by okie smokie on 23 May 2021
  • One of my favorites:  From Ron's Chili (a local chain) well known in Tulsa area for chili and burgers. This is their 50/50 beef and pork sausage patty, with pickles, onions, mustard and shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and Jack/cheddar cheese. Looks like a mess and eats like heaven.  Sorry the innards squished out when I cut it.  Second pic has it back together.

• #163 by Bentley on 24 May 2021
  • Another good lookin burger!
  • #164 by yorkdude on 24 May 2021
  • One of my favorites:  From Ron's Chili (a local chain) well known in Tulsa area for chili and burgers. This is their 50/50 beef and pork sausage patty, with pickles, onions, mustard and shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and Jack/cheddar cheese. Looks like a mess and eats like heaven.  Sorry the innards squished out when I cut it.  Second pic has it back together.

Big Yep for me, this looks great.
  • #165 by Clonesmoker on 24 May 2021
  • Just got a 1/2 beef and first night had to do this again. Got six burgers out of 2 lbs of ground beef.  Got me some nice big short ribs also! not bad price.

274 lbs cost me right at $405. I was more than happy with that!!
Pages:
Actions